ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Joc Bruce gains confidence, aims to contribute

I have high hopes for this kid - he was impressive in Knoxville in his short time on the team.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. I heard he could have played last year but coaches thought redshirting him would be best.

I also think he's been humbled and watching Richie and Ed was huge for him. Tony Franklin will turn him into a rock star. Look what TF did for Honeycutt, Andrews, Blissard and McClover? These guys were relative unknowns and in 2009, that WR corps was awesome. I hate to say it because I love that 2009 team but we do have a lot more talent on offense now so it will be interesting to see how TF taps into the production level of this offense.

Unknown WR's with tremendous potential this year....

1. Isiah Upton - Looked very sharp in the spring game. Has speed and talent.
2. Joc Bruce - Speed and athleticism
3. Reggie Henderson - 3 star recruit and former Miami commit. He's a Richie type player

Those 3 guys alone are explosive enough to do major damage if they can gel with TF. Add them to Terry, Richie and Tuck and we are gonna have a pretty full arsenal this year.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I was truly this excited about football season. For some reason I think this team can do big things. I am not sure I even thought this highly of the 2009 season.

I am not too high yet until I see how we replace all the losses on D. Hoping that juco AA can make an impact. Also a little worried about Brent having a sophomore slump.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
Excited about the talent at WR. Seems like a lot of guys to have at one position though. Realize they lumped TEs into WR, but almost 25% of scholarships are WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT