ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL INSTANT ANALYSIS: FIVE Takeaways From Victory over Kennesaw State

Yeah, stats are what they are, but KSU missed a lot of open WRs last night. Defense was better, but I wouldn't say they dominated KSU. More like KSU bailed us out most of the night. Defense did come up big several times with the goal line stand and the 2 really nice picks.

Reactions: MTTim
Well. First game in almost six years. Good news is the exile is over and we won. The bad news is that’s some of the worst football I have ever witnessed. Seeing this live made me cringe. That’s definitely the worst two offenses I’ve ever witnessed in person on the same field at the same time. Only 284 yards against a team giving up 430? How many penalties? Hell they kept making the same one they had to call a timeout to figure out why. This is all hard to understand because it usually happens when your QB is not good. But that’s not our problem.

Anyway that was the last one. There are no other wins for this team. Our two wins for this year will be an FCS and an FCS move up. This program is basically right on par with a new call up from the FCS ranks. Two and a half decades have been squandered.

It is what is. Mason has an immense amount of work cut out for him. This is not only a rebuild this is basically starting over like it’s 1999. I would actually say it’s more difficult because the 1999 team (at least the 2000 one) would skull drag this team. There are a lot of people we can blame for the state of this program but at this point it doesn’t do any good. Hopefully Mason is the right man for the job because he’s going to need time. Time we don’t really have.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTTim
The past few weeks we have shot ourselves in the foot with bad mistakes. Fumbles. Interceptions. Dropped passes.
Last night those were improved. I'll gladly call out Omari for his improvement holding on to the ball.

But the stupid stupid penalties. We were just against a team that made mistakes too. I couldn't help but laugh at the two in a row on the punt. For the same thing! We have yet to put together a complete game. Yes that is hard with so many players out and a hodgepodge OL, but that is a coach's job. To adapt to the players they have.

Two really bad teams. Our offense could only generate one td against a very poor defense.
Do we have a special teams coach?
Their qb, Johnson, was very off last night. He had receivers open but could not get the ball to them. Not because of our defense, who still failed miserably.
It's like we are playing our first game of the season. Only positive is we won.
Jax State should be able to name the score.
Pitiful

Reactions: Hop45
Seven points from the LOS on offense is ugly!!! All comes down to OL and bad play calling. HC makes some of these run play calls that stop drives because he just can’t seem to be able to accept we are better when we air raid with this OL & the weapons we have in skill position. It’s not a negative on our RBs, but we just can’t run block with any consistency at all. But Coach DM forces the balance he wants instead of going with what has a higher probability of working even if 4th & 2 most teams will choose to run. We aren’t most teams & the sooner they realize that the better!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT