ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Incoming freshman Myles Christian receives Gold Glove Award

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
...Christian was among just nine high school players from across the country named by the ABCA and Rawlings for their fielding and defensive play on the high school diamond this past season. Although he primarily played center field for the Conquistadors last spring, Christian was slotted on the squad as an infielder. He was also the only Mississippi player named to the team.

Rawlings, a well-known sporting goods and baseball glove manufacturer, along with the ABCA, annually award Gold Gloves to players at all levels of amateur baseball, from high school on up to the major college level.

For years, Rawlings and Major League Baseball have presented Gold Glove Awards, but the program has been extended into the high school and college ranks for the last 11 years. Many of the award winners go on to play Major League baseball.

The ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Awards are selected by ABCA coaching committees at each level: NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA, NJCAA Divisions I, II and III, Pacific Association Division, and High School.

“He is one of nine kids in the nation be picked for this among high schools, so it’s a huge honor for him,” said Hoggard.

Christian had the opportunity earlier this summer to immediately jump into pro ball, as he was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 18th round of the MLB Entry Draft.

But Christian decided to forego playing pro baseball for now and honored his commitment to play at Middle Tennessee State.

“I chose to come to Middle Tennessee because of the amazing facilities and the coaching staff,” Christian said in a statement issued by MTSU at the time he made that decision. “I also wanted a chance to improve my craft on the baseball field.” .....

Desoto Times:
http://www.desototimes.com/sports/o...cle_2b92821c-8463-11e7-b6b1-8f3ef0fa90aa.html
Olive Branch's Christian receives Gold Glove Award

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
A nice bit of good news in a bad situation. What do you think about the recruiting class as a whole?

from what little I know, I think there's talent, but I know nothing of what other cusa programs have signed. I am hoping that our pitching improves and we make it back to the conference tourney for the first time in years.

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT