ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL in the news

If Akins hadn't already screwed up, I say he would have gotten a pass. But this guy was on a trail where trouble was finding him as much as he was finding it. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else. These days, it seems killing a person in broad daylight isn't seen as bad as slapping a dog and putting it online. Akins was dumb enough to post the video onto his snapchat. What does that say about his ability to make good decisions on and off the field?

I think there are some Jucos still out there we can snag. We need depth and they are out there. Shafer will be steering that ship I'm sure. We got Garrett Andrews late in the game in 09 and I'd say he did pretty good. We'll be fine.

a WR is one thing. finding a quality big man this late in the process who can play on the DL is another

If Akins hadn't already screwed up, I say he would have gotten a pass. But this guy was on a trail where trouble was finding him as much as he was finding it. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else. These days, it seems killing a person in broad daylight isn't seen as bad as slapping a dog and putting it online. Akins was dumb enough to post the video onto his snapchat. What does that say about his ability to make good decisions on and off the field?

I think there are some Jucos still out there we can snag. We need depth and they are out there. Shafer will be steering that ship I'm sure. We got Garrett Andrews late in the game in 09 and I'd say he did pretty good. We'll be fine.

Hopefully we can grab a couple of P5 grad transfers.

I agree Akins was on thin ice... bad judgement, again, got him. It's probably better if these guys go elsewhere anyway to get clear of all the luggage they could be carrying around if they had, someway, been allowed to stay. They can go to some fcs program or hbcu and try to get on another team.

I hear ya Wiley but the kid was a problem and the stigma generated by this stupid act was too great to ignore. Stock had to go 0 tolerance. Hell, no one is coming to the games as it is. We do need any more bad PR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT