ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL In the FWIW Department

We don't have a hour long infomercial every week available nationwide; not that I would want one like FFU has; sorry: LU has.

Is their budget really that much bigger? There are several schools who do not even come close to our budget that have better facilities than us. I'll never understand that.

When's the last time we even broke ground for a new facility for football? The 90's? Pathetic.

I'm all for scraping any small upgrades (scoreboard, lockerroom, sound system, etc) for just saving the money and putting up with what we have for a few years...then invest it in a football facilty.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. That's kind of how I feel about our football facilities.

Good for them, if they want to make the investment then so be it...don't get why some hate on Liberty. I wish them well.

I wish them well but I just don't see it happening anytime soon for Blue Raider football. Thankfully, Kermit has it going on which might help offset the Football shortfall a bit. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when only 5,000 fans show up for Senior Day after we were blown out at home by a Texas Directional School (that has only played FBS level football for 5 years) then we have HUGE issues. The momentum and magic that we had going after the 2009 NOLA Bowl has just plain died. Get mad, call me a bandwagon fan, whatever, but it is what it is.

And since we're talking $$$'s, here's something frustrating.

I came in to a bonus at work, and figured I'd play the dutiful alum. I sent a check to the regular university fund that they send me an envelope for, and figured I'd kick some $$'s the BRAA's way.

So I go to the BRAA website and click "Become a Member".

It sends me to ticketmaster. No joke, Ticketmaster. WTH, outside of Comcast, is there a more hated company than ticketmaster?

Ok, whatever. So the minimum it allows me to give is a lump sum of $150.00. Ok, more than I wanted to give right now. No option to make monthly payments (Why, $250 at one time is a lot for a lot of folks, but many can give $25 per month easily), nothing about donors or planned facilities or even any idea at what your money goes it, or even a fancy powerpoint to give you the warm fuzzies. I might as well just write a check to ticketmaster.

On top of that, the "add to cart" button is broken. So, it won't take my money anyway.

Fan engagement is non-existent. Everything about this program makes it harder than it needs to make and keep fans.

I'd provide a link to the UTk fund's website, but that would just aggravate everyone.

I bought a hot dog from a guy who ran a stand in San Francisco and he ran my card through a reader attached to his phone. If he can make it easy, how hard can it be for MT to have it's own website where we can put in our info and payment? How hard can it be to give me a slideshow of all the good my money is doing.

EDIT: here's the dumbest thing of all, the MT alumni already has a website that can do all of the above stuff.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/109...id=1092&gid=1&pgid=431&cid=1331&sitebuilder=1

Last edited:
And since we're talking $$$'s, here's something frustrating.

I came in to a bonus at work, and figured I'd play the dutiful alum. I sent a check to the regular university fund that they send me an envelope for, and figured I'd kick some $$'s the BRAA's way.

So I go to the BRAA website and click "Become a Member".

It sends me to ticketmaster. No joke, Ticketmaster. WTH, outside of Comcast, is there a more hated company than ticketmaster?

Ok, whatever. So the minimum it allows me to give is a lump sum of $150.00. Ok, more than I wanted to give right now. No option to make monthly payments (Why, $250 at one time is a lot for a lot of folks, but many can give $25 per month easily), nothing about donors or planned facilities or even any idea at what your money goes it, or even a fancy powerpoint to give you the warm fuzzies. I might as well just write a check to ticketmaster.

On top of that, the "add to cart" button is broken. So, it won't take my money anyway.

Fan engagement is non-existent. Everything about this program makes it harder than it needs to make and keep fans.

I'd provide a link to the UTk fund's website, but that would just aggravate everyone.

I bought a hot dog from a guy who ran a stand in San Francisco and he ran my card through a reader attached to his phone. If he can make it easy, how hard can it be for MT to have it's own website where we can put in our info and payment? How hard can it be to give me a slideshow of all the good my money is doing.

EDIT: here's the dumbest thing of all, the MT alumni already has a website that can do all of the above stuff.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/109...id=1092&gid=1&pgid=431&cid=1331&sitebuilder=1

Valid points. Call and talk to them (615) 898-2210. They can work with you and set up monthly payments for you in a way that will work for you.

The BRAA unilaterally billed me for another year at $3,000 on 6/30/15 even after I emailed McCluney that I was done and never attended a single function that year or purchased season tickets. It still shows up in my MT online Account Manager as an outstanding balance. I guess this is supposed to make me want to renew???? Sue me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT