ADVERTISEMENT

Idaho going to fcs

I am thankful to be in a regional conference. I know, years back, that there was some talk about the fans of MT wanting to be a part of a conference like the WAC (02ish?) but man, having travel costs isolated within our region is great. If I am wrong on those sidebar discussions, correct me. The "Grass is greener" syndrome was rampant while in the Belt...

I am thankful to be in a regional conference. I know, years back, that there was some talk about the fans of MT wanting to be a part of a conference like the WAC (02ish?) but man, having travel costs isolated within our region is great. If I am wrong on those sidebar discussions, correct me. The "Grass is greener" syndrome was rampant while in the Belt...

If there were any fans that wanted to go to the WAC from the Sun Belt, I never encountered them, but if they existed, I imagine they were probably the same handful of fans who thought firing andy mccollum was undeserved, and then wanted to hire Watson Brown...

NMST may be next. I could see a few others, even those in the G5. Take ULM - their budget is a pittance. They would be better off dropping down. With TV money drying up, more team will move down in FB.

Reactions: MTLynn
I don't see anybody with conference home dropping down. If you read the Schwarz report on UAB it proves the money to operate an FCS vs FbS is negligible if not worse for FCS. The only reason Idaho is going down is no conference home and can't make make a schedule. If you have a conference then it's either stay or drop fb all together.

Last edited:
I don't see anybody with conference home dropping down. If you read the Schwarz report on UAB it proves the money to operate an FCS vs FbS is negligible if not worse for FCS. The only reason Idaho is going down is no conference home and can't make make a schedule. If you have a conference then it's either stay or drop fb all together.

My point is the landscape is changing and morphing to something else. You may be right. All I know is MT isn't going anywhere and I am thankful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT