ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hypothetically, If MT hosted a C-USA Championship game

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
What do you think the attendance would be? I think around 23K would be the number. Maybe 25K or more if they promote it like crazy.

I don't know. I've been disappointed with the city of Murfreesboro. I thought it would change since going 1-A but time and time again this town has proven to be either SEC or blue collar not having any allegiance to MT.

I'd say 18k.

They seriously need to decrease the seating. I know some would say no but we just aren’t going to hit 30k consistently. I’d rather it be 22-25k capacity and look better on TV and create a better in game environment.

I’ll fix it after I win MegaMillions this week and they build the end zone facility with my name on it.

I think we'd actually have a bigger crowd than expected if we were hosting our first conference championship game... A lot of the younger alumni who don't come now would show up for that.

I agree, I think we could actually have a large crowd with a championship on the line.

Well let’s win tomorrow so this becomes more of a possibility.

The only close example was Troy in 2006. The game was the last of the year and it was a large crowd.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
FIU has to lose twice for us to have a chance. Don’t see that happening. Plus we have to run the table now and UAB will be tough. No one will make it to CG with two losses in conference. Overall record is the factor for host and we will have four after Kentucky (unless we pull a huge upset). Very tall task ahead.

As others have said, FIU has to lose twice. Doesn't seem likely. It also doesn't seem likely we will win out. UAB is gonna clean our clocks, led by AJ Erdely of course.

It's another "bowl eligibility" year folks.

FIU doesn't need to lose twice. We could enter a three way tie with FIU and either one of FAU or Marshall.

I do not know what all the ins and outs of the tiebreakers and don't care to research it, because I don't believe we'll win out.

Theoretically we shouldn't need Brent to get to through Charlotte, ODU, Western and UTEP, but a win over UAB without Brent seems unlikely.

At any rate, if we hosted the CCG, I would expect no more than 15k in attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT