ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hockman Gone?

Our “next man up” at QB if Cunningham goes down is a redshirt Soph transfer from Div. II Florida Tech of the Sunshine State Conference.
His offers in HS were Columbia, Fla. Tech, Jacksonville and Valpo.

Or maybe they don't want to risk a life long injury or brain mush for something they no longer enjoy 🤔
I agree.

I don’t blame a guy for quitting if his heart isn’t in it.

I do blame our coaches for doing such a piss poor job evaluating heart and effort that they gave Bailey the starting job when reports from fall camp were Chase was doing better.

Third game in? Ok…

neither one of these young men look like they quit due to fear of concussions. But what do I know.
Free education and housing isn’t enough these days.

I agree.

I do blame our coaches for doing such a piss poor job evaluating heart and effort that they gave Bailey the starting job when reports from fall camp were Chase was doing better.

I agree.

Completely disagree. We have created a society of folks who quit the moment the water gets hot. I wish this kid nothing but the best, but look at his track record. Quitting has gotten to easy and accepted for what it is and that’s laying down on the folks you committed to help be successful. It shouldn’t be looked on as anything but what it is, a quitter, especially as a transfer. Call me old school… I’m ok with it.

Last edited:
Completely disagree. We have created a society of folks who quit the moment the water gets hot. I wish this kid nothing but the best, but look at his track record. Quitting has gotten to easy and accepted for what it is and that’s laying down on the folks you committed to help be successful. It shouldn’t be looked on as anything but what it is, a quitter, especially as a transfer. Call me old school… I’m ok with it.
We are talking about 2 different things.

When you are talking about quitting, you are talking wanting people to stick through things and still give effort. I completely agree with that.

But if you have already quit in your mind and are not going to but forth effort, I don’t want him here. I am glad he quit. That attitude is cancer. It’s better for the team that he leaves instead of staying and being a problem.

So yeah, I wish everyone had mental toughness, stuck things out and kept giving 100%. But if he mentality isn’t going to give 100% and doesn’t want to be here, I don’t blame him for leaving. Matter of fact I am happy he left. This helps us move on with a clean break.

It's no surprise that players who have transferred more than once are quick to transfer again. I expect Hockman to show up on a roster somewhere he thinks that he can start - likely FCS.

I also blame the portal because this is a portal move. If you are done with football, why quit on the 3rd game? That's because he can still save his eligibility if he plays no more than 3 games. I think that;s the rule. Others are doing it now too. There's something with that 3 game rule.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I also blame the portal because this is a portal move. If you are done with football, why quit on the 3rd game? That's because he can still save his eligibility if he plays no more than 3 games. I think that;s the rule. Others are doing it now too. There's something with that 3 game rule.
You might be on to something. If that's the case, this guy might go down in the record books as being the most selfish douche ever based on how many times he has bounced around and can't seem to find a landing spot. I like his desire, but it is a team game and at some point you have to accept the decisions you made and keep fighting where you are at. Maybe you just aren't good enough, but you can contribute in another way. This guy gets a zero for team player if he lands at another place next year by saving his year of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT