ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hockman Gone?

Not a word will be said about it on Rick Stockstill Live.
Stock: “Chase has been our guy all along.”
"Bailey came to me Sunday morning and told me he had made the decision not to play football any longer," Stockstill said in a statement. "We talked about it, shook hands and I wished him well and let him know how much I appreciated his time here."

So CRS basically wasn't going to say anything til it discovered and lied in the presser this morning.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I haven't gone back and looked but how long was his average time at each university? Are we sure he won't show up at some DII program somewhere down the road MT will schedule and lose to???

Wow. What is it with kids these days? They can't even ride out a season now? Sheesh.

At least Chase can get real reps now. He may not be great but he was a night and day difference over Hockman this past Saturday night. He was 13 points better. LOL. Forget this RPO BS and give this guy some high percentage plays with some safety valves when the blitzes come. It ain't hard and we have the WR's to get it done. Chase has a much quicker release and better arm strength. It can't get any worse than what Bailey gave us last week. 1st and 4 and can't even get it in. Chase would have or at least got us a FG.

"Bailey came to me Sunday morning and told me he had made the decision not to play football any longer," Stockstill said in a statement. "We talked about it, shook hands and I wished him well and let him know how much I appreciated his time here."

So CRS basically wasn't going to say anything til it discovered and lied in the presser this morning.
What an idiot. What advantage does it give not to disclose that? Why lie about it? What does it do to team morale? Well, it's one more season that can't automantically add a year to this moron's contract.

He might not be the only one that quits if Friday is just as bad as last week.
If he loses this team it’s time to leave. Period. It’s past time. And those in charge need to step up and push it. Even if it means calling in the markers on pledges from the boosters who made them in order to give their guy Stockstill the extra three years. That’s all I’m gonna say.

Well……we got a 30 second blip about Hockman leaving with Chip reading the prepared statement instead of Stock addressing it and, “We have another Blue Raider quarterback we’ll talk about.”
😂😂😂

he has always ran....he's a runner he's a track star......JT this even worse than I thought. I have a question was TF truly the cancer or is it the click of geezers still coaching. It seems nothing has changed
What an idiot. What advantage does it give not to disclose that? Why lie about it? What does it do to team morale? Well, it's one more season that can't automantically add a year to this moron's contract.

I would love to know how many tweets, text messages and emails with questions for Stock have been culled and censored??
It sends a loud and clear message of the fear they have of taking live questions from callers.

I would love to know how many tweets, text messages and emails with questions for Stock have been culled and censored??
It sends a loud and clear message of the fear they have of taking live questions from callers.

That's just it. There is NO ONE to hold Stock accountable. Saturday when WVU nearly blew the win over VT, even with the win Brown was asked the though questions. Why this, why that. There isn't anyone to do that here. No beat reporter for anyone.

$hit show is right.

he has always ran....he's a runner he's a track star......JT this even worse than I thought. I have a question was TF truly the cancer or is it the click of geezers still coaching. It seems nothing has changed
I can't argue that point. I wish Bailey ran like this on the field when it really mattered. LOL.

I am wondering when they benched Austin Grammer for lil Stockstill once Brent Stockstill left some sort of QB curse was placed on the Blue Raiders.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I am wondering when they benched Austin Grammer for lil Stockstill once Brent Stockstill left some sort of QB curse was placed on the Blue Raiders.
nah, Grammar had it for a year and couldn't beat FIU with a 21 point lead or UTEP when it mattered.

That Dwight Dasher situation is still horse crap to me. What was reported at a $1500 loan is so minuscule. Maybe there was more to the story that I’m not aware of. But I remember MT self-imposing a 4 game suspension, which the NCAA concurred

Stock treats QB’s like a$$. Always has always will. Turnover speaks volumes. To the kids character yes , but also of stocks judgment. 900k a year and you can’t finish the season with a qb that’s not your son? Program is a dumpstfire and morale is at all time low. No accountability or leadership. Nepotism is bad! Bet Charlotte heavy. And maybe parlay the under if they expect more than 14 points out of middle.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Stock treats QB’s like a$$. Always has always will. Turnover speaks volumes. To the kids character yes , but also of stocks judgment. 900k a year and you can’t finish the season with a qb that’s not your son?
The 2010 fiasco with Dasher really disillusioned me with how CRS handled that. The fact that Dasher stole from a teammate, more than the gambling, and how CRS kept Dasher on the team after that says loads about Stock as it does Dasher who last i heard was cooling his heels in a lockup. Maybe he's out and hustling games of chance on somebody's dime when not committing petty crimes.

The part about CRS treating QBs like crap rings true. When Kilgore or Grammar or O'Hara would pull Stock's ass out of the fire in a game through their heroics, it seemed like it pained him to admit that fact.

For a coach who was a QB for one of the better coaches of last half of the 20th century, Stock has done a piss poor job recruiting/coaching the QB position. The son of the coach was apparently the only recruit that had other G5 coaches interested and hell, CRS didn't actively recruit Brent. It was Brent who wanted to be here in the first place. And CRS didn't even recruit an offensive line to protect him from injury while Brent was here.

There are so many irritating issues with this whole coaching tenure that rub my nerves raw when I start to dwell on his tenure here. Hockman leaving doesn't surprise me much. it's not as disappointing as Asher O'Hara leaving. I am hoping all this crap culminates in this being CRS' last season, one way or the other, I am way past ready for a change.

One thing your analysis doesn’t take into account. 1) Sacks count against his rushing attempts. Last year he did something only one other player did - and that player was second in the Heisman. 2) He literally had one of if not the worst offensive line in all of college football. Show me a QB that could be successful and lead this team over the last two years to winning seasons as bad as this OL is and I will show you the greatest QB in college football history. He performed about as well as most anyone else could. You’ll see next year when we’re going to be lucky to average 10 points a game.

At this point, I’m just sticking around for the comedy to see just how bad this can get. Is there another example of an athletics dept being largely competitive in just about every sport and then literally driving everything into the ground simultaneously? Space, I was reading your post and thinking that you hit the nail on the head as usual. And you know the sad part is the stuff you described is just one chapter in this circus that has ensued in the years since.

As for Asher, pulling back my post from when he transferred. I wonder if folks will understand now why we needed Houdini behind center these last couple of years.

I will say this though. Star ratings aside Chase is the better option over Hockman. It was obvious from the first snap. But if of course took our coaches three games to figure this out. Chase is the better option because he’s the only QB on the roster over the last few years that could make a pre-snap read and generally knew where the ball needed to go. Because when you literally only have 1.8 seconds before you’re on your back there aren’t going to be a lot of opportunities for a QB to go through progressions. I think Hockman might have been accustomed to being able to sit in the pocket and survey. Not here with this line. I wish Chase well. He probably won’t make it through the season. But I won’t know because I’ve already stopped giving, attending, and now I’m not even going to bother wasting my days anymore watching. Cheers!

Reactions: MT Glenn
At this point, I’m just sticking around for the comedy to see just how bad this can get. Is there another example of an athletics dept being largely competitive in just about every sport and then literally driving everything into the ground simultaneously? Space, I was reading your post and thinking that you hit the nail on the head as usual. And you know the sad part is the stuff you described is just one chapter in this circus that has ensued in the years since.

As for Asher, pulling back my post from when he transferred. I wonder if folks will understand now why we needed Houdini behind center these last couple of years.

I will say this though. Star ratings aside Chase is the better option over Hockman. It was obvious from the first snap. But if of course took our coaches three games to figure this out. Chase is the better option because he’s the only QB on the roster over the last few years that could make a pre-snap read and generally knew where the ball needed to go. Because when you literally only have 1.8 seconds before you’re on your back there aren’t going to be a lot of opportunities for a QB to go through progressions. I think Hockman might have been accustomed to being able to sit in the pocket and survey. Not here with this line. I wish Chase well. He probably won’t make it through the season. But I won’t know because I’ve already stopped giving, attending, and now I’m not even going to bother wasting my days anymore watching. Cheers!
You'll watch. You'll watch the same way the rest of us watch. It's like when a guy hands you something and says "smell this." You know it's not going to be good, but you can't resist taking a big whiff of it anyway.

The only reason Chase Cunningham is a Blue Raider was because of the personal relationship that his HS Coach had with Stock and Brent. Said coach is a friend of mine and yes, he’s a former Memphis guy. I wish the young man well but….MT is not going to win many games with this O-line “protecting” a 5’10”, 180lb QB regardless of how well he knows the offense. He’s not a Div. I QB and was not offered by any other FBS schools coming out of HS. It’s unfortunate that at this point in the season, this is where MT Football is now. And the fact that they gave the news of Hockman’s departure about 30 seconds on the Stockstill Live Show last night from Chip (not Stock) is pretty telling.

Charlotte, Marshall and Liberty (et al) will lay their ears back. I just hope the young man doesn’t get injured trying to go through his reads and progressions with only 1.8 seconds to do so.

I don't blame Hockman for leaving. He has a kid on the way and is graduating in 3 months. What is appealing about running for your life behind an awful OL and finishing out a losing season for a program on life support? Just to get a concussion or torn ACL? Nah player, start your career and take care of your family.

Not sure why CM and CRS think fans should show up to games when your starting QB doesn't even want to be here anymore. A perfect snapshot of this program. Should surprise no one.

Last edited:
Sounds very likely the coaching staff wanted to get Cunningham more reps or even have him start and Hockman said screw it - I quit. He's been through a lot and multiple teams and probably didn't have it in him to continue.

I will say that seems really crappy of Hockman to just quit on the team 3 games in and walk away. What a true reflection of a person's character. I guess we know what sort of person he is and based on his track record of multiple schools, we shouldn't be surprised.

Maybe this is enough to drive the program deep into the ground and a leadership change will emerge after the season. At some point hanging onto Stock is going to destroy recruiting and the problem will just get worse and worse.

The 2010 fiasco with Dasher really disillusioned me with how CRS handled that. The fact that Dasher stole from a teammate, more than the gambling, and how CRS kept Dasher on the team after that says loads about Stock as it does Dasher who last i heard was cooling his heels in a lockup. Maybe he's out and hustling games of chance on somebody's dime when not committing petty crimes.

The part about CRS treating QBs like crap rings true. When Kilgore or Grammar or O'Hara would pull Stock's ass out of the fire in a game through their heroics, it seemed like it pained him to admit that fact.

For a coach who was a QB for one of the better coaches of last half of the 20th century, Stock has done a piss poor job recruiting/coaching the QB position. The son of the coach was apparently the only recruit that had other G5 coaches interested and hell, CRS didn't actively recruit Brent. It was Brent who wanted to be here in the first place. And CRS didn't even recruit an offensive line to protect him from injury while Brent was here.

There are so many irritating issues with this whole coaching tenure that rub my nerves raw when I start to dwell on his tenure here. Hockman leaving doesn't surprise me much. it's not as disappointing as Asher O'Hara leaving. I am hoping all this crap culminates in this being CRS' last season, one way or the other, I am way past ready for a change.

Rick Stockstill has proven to not be a "high character guy" as many people have said. He comes off as bitter and deceitful to me. I think he knows he is grossly over paid for what he has actually produced here. He also uses the university, boosters, and alumni's resources to hire his buddies and son.

Rick Stockstill has proven to not be a "high character guy" as many people have said. He comes off as bitter and deceitful to me. I think he knows he is grossly over paid for what he has actually produced here. He also uses the university, boosters, and alumni's resources to hire his buddies and son.
Obviously, 7-wood is fine with it.

ADVERTISEMENT