ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Has MT Football ever gone winless at home?

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Realistically, Charlotte and FAU could both be losses.

And FWIW.......can they please remove the CUSA Championship Game from the schedule page on GoBlueRaiders.com? It’s just another disappointing reminder.

Reactions: Hop45
According to my research, you have to go back to the 1924 season when we went 1-5. Our only victory was on the road against Bethel. Maybe MT can run a "Die Hard Night" promotion where you get free admission to the game if you were alive the last time MT went winless at home. Kind of like in Major League.

According to my research, you have to go back to the 1924 season when we went 1-5. Our only victory was on the road against Bethel. Maybe MT can run a "Die Hard Night" promotion where you get free admission to the game if you were alive the last time MT went winless at home. Kind of like in Major League.
Wow. Thanks for researching. I was sitting around last night going back down Memory Lane to the first time I visited the Murphy Center. Our HS Basketball team was playing in the state tourney in the early Spring of ‘76 and I was awed by the place. It was only 4 years old. It is sad to see how a beautiful facility that once held concerts for Elvis, The Who, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Whitney Houston and Elton John could fall into such a state of neglect and disrepair.

LINK: Murphy Center Musical History

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for researching. I was sitting around last night going back down Memory Lane to the first time I visited the Murphy Center. Our HS Basketball team was playing in the state tourney in the early Spring of ‘76 and I was awed by the the place. It was only 4 years old. It is sad to see how a beautiful facility that once held concerts for Elvis, The Who, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Whitney Houston and Elton John could fall into such a state of neglect and disrepair.

LINK: Murphy Center Musical History
Meanwhile 90 minutes up I-24, Austin Peay & Clarksville is building a $130 million dollar arena with ice capacity and a Nashville Predators agreement, and city committed to a commercial development around the facility. . I would not be surprised if they start a college hockey team in 5-10 years after completion. Yet, here in the McPheeland is a rusting football stadium, trash bin of a Murphy Center and no talk of even trying to bring the connection between Murfreesboro & MTSU. MTSU completes for the same basketball recruits as Austin Peay, so MBB will only get further behind.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Meanwhile 90 minutes up I-24, Austin Peay & Clarksville is building a $130 million dollar arena with ice capacity and a Nashville Predators agreement, and city committed to a commercial development around the facility. . I would not be surprised if they start a college hockey team in 5-10 years after completion. Yet, here in the McPheeland is a rusting football stadium, trash bin of a Murphy Center and no talk of even trying to bring the connection between Murfreesboro & MTSU. MTSU completes for the same basketball recruits as Austin Peay, so MBB will only get further behind.

Having taken classes at Austin Peay when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back in the 70s, I have followed the recent growth of APSU with great interest. Although I don't favor the Clarksville Multi-Purpose Event Center because I don't believe it is necessary and will only raise taxes, I appreciate how the campus and the downtown Clarksville community are growing closer with Austin Peay building a beautiful bookstore on the 11 acres formerly held by the Jenkins & Wynne car dealership, and the construction of the new MPEC.

When the Murphy Center opened on December 11, 1972, I was envious because at that time Austin Peay was still playing in "The Little Red Barn." But when construction began on the $5.3 million Dunn Center in 1973, and it opened in 1975, I wasn't envious any longer. It is funny how envy changes over time.

Reactions: MT Glenn
The worst I remember is either the season or two seasons after Dasher left. By the end of that season MTSU was getting throttled every game. Could have put Motlow Juco out there instead of MTSU and they would have probably got beat by less. Looks like they won one home game that season.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Having taken classes at Austin Peay when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back in the 70s, I have followed the recent growth of APSU with great interest. Although I don't favor the Clarksville Multi-Purpose Event Center because I don't believe it is necessary and will only raise taxes, I appreciate how the campus and the downtown Clarksville community are growing closer with Austin Peay building a beautiful bookstore on the 11 acres formerly held by the Jenkins & Wynne car dealership, and the construction of the new MPEC.

When the Murphy Center opened on December 11, 1972, I was envious because at that time Austin Peay was still playing in "The Little Red Barn." But when construction began on the $5.3 million Dunn Center in 1973, and it opened in 1975, I wasn't envious any longer. It is funny how envy changes over time.

Is there even a plan to replace the Murphy Center? Even the best built arenas need torn down or require significant updating. Seems this is conversation that should be happening sooner than later as land is not getting cheaper and concrete keeps building up around Murfreesboro

Major league fits our team so well. I would appreciate Chip going Harry Doyle at the next home game.

“Hello Raider fans. Welcome to college football....sort of. The attendance today is 14 hundred and 12. Most of them left after that 28 point first quarter Charlotte put up. Take over Wes, I’m in the bag. “

Major league fits our team so well. I would appreciate Chip going Harry Doyle at the next home game.

“Hello Raider fans. Welcome to college football....sort of. The attendance today is 14 hundred and 12. Most of them left after that 28 point first quarter Charlotte put up. Take over Wes, I’m in the bag. “
I’ve got a feeling Wes is already in the bag. 😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT