ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: CM

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
There are rumors floating around that CM is a finalist for the EKU AD opening.

That said it’s irrelevant who our AD is as long as McPhee is still here.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
losing our AD to EKU?

happy to see him go but what a terrible message it sends. losing AD to an FCS program

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Good for Chris & Middle Tennessee both. I suppose any one can work for as long as they desire or are wanted, but between retirement or packing bags for a new job at his age put me down for retirement.

I'll always applaud someone who wants to keep working. My father-in-law drove a dozer till 82. (That won't be me. I'll retire the next day after I'm eligible.) So if CM wants to keep working, good for him. Could be they offered a contract (since he is supposedly month to month here) and KY may have a better retirement. Who knows. Could be his kids/grandkids are up there. I think he's around 62 so still has a few years left at least.

I do hope they are smart enough to promote Lee and move up Hans as well.

Missouri State athletics is having an urgent meeting at 9:30 this morning. Sounds like they might be the lucky ones not us.

The byzantine workings of the MT athletic department for the past decade have kept me from really going all in on one guy to blame. Was it McPhee? The buck ultimately stops with him. Was it Massaro? Was it Stockstill? Was it all 3? I don't know.

Although, at this point, new blood for the sake of new blood isn't a bad thing.

Housing cost average Richmond KY $299,000. Murfreesboro Tn housing cost average $478,000. After the Massaro's sale their home here, they can easily put away a nice stash of money for a comparable home in KY. A friend of mine moving to a smaller city in Kentucky was stunned & elated by the difference in housing cost from here to there.

wow....that's bad, an FCS program changed their mind on a FBS AD. Moates spent close to 20 years in Kentucky between UK and UL.

Dammit. I thought this morning was full of good news. Can’t wait for CM to be gone. He’s such a weird guy. Awful face for the program.

This hire poses a lot of questions. Why would an established AD at Missouri St with a football program that's elevating from fcs to fbs jump at his 1st opportunity to move back to fcs in football & an overall lower level ASUN conference at EKU?
Is EKU also preparing for a conference jump, & wants Moates to help their status change?

It seems Missouri State fans are about as disinterested and jaded as we are but the few I have seen comment or post on him leaving are happy to get rid of him.

Reactions: ewglenn
This hire poses a lot of questions. Why would an established AD at Missouri St with a football program that's elevating from fcs to fbs jump at his 1st opportunity to move back to fcs in football & an overall lower level ASUN conference at EKU?
Is EKU also preparing for a conference jump, & wants Moates to help their status change?
his son works at EKU as well. He must like the area, he spent 20 years in the area at UK and UL.

It is being touted as him being from KY and wanting to spend his final working years with his son who is at EKU. But as said from others here and posts I've seen on X, there is a different light. Seems it was more of a "EKU has an offer. Take it on your own terms, or else."

Their WBB coach just got a year added due to him leaving (is that a normal contract add-on?) and they just got penalized for APR as well. Several said he didn't engage with fans at all. So who knows the real reasons.

End result is it only affects us by a future conference mate having a new AD soon.

Reactions: ewglenn
According to the EKU board, Massaro said he and his boss don't get along and there was a bunch of tension between.

Last edited:
The byzantine workings of the MT athletic department for the past decade have kept me from really going all in on one guy to blame. Was it McPhee? The buck ultimately stops with him. Was it Massaro? Was it Stockstill? Was it all 3? I don't know.

Although, at this point, new blood for the sake of new blood isn't a bad thing.

According to the EKU board, Massaro said he and his boss don't get along and there was a bunch of tension between.

True or not true, who knows.

I will say over the years the long list of issues we've had, the less I think those misses were caused by CM and more by McP.

And there are COUNTLESS things over the years on that list and little by little things point in the same direction. You get the feeling CM has wanted to do things different many times and has been hamstrung. And I think keeping Stock as long as we did is on that list.

Reactions: MTFAN61
As long as one person is allowed to run this Univ. and Athletic Dept., nothing changes and no decent candidate will take the job.

And I ain’t talking about McPhee.

You really think Massaro is that bad ?

I don’t think he is great. Or even good. I despise his baseball hires and Stockstill contract but football scheduling was good, Insell hire was good, he wanted Odom over McDevitt which was the right call. Generally seems to have a decent grasp of the landscape based on interviews. Biggest mistake while here was definitely the contract structure for stock after the 10 win season

I know you’ve met with him, and probably feel lied to and deceived. But McPhee is infinitely the bigger problem in my opinion. I could write a thesis on how bad he has been for our university.

McPhee is infinitely the bigger problem in my opinion. I could write a thesis on how bad he has been for our university.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I don’t think he is great. Or even good. I despise his baseball hires and Stockstill contract but football scheduling was good, Insell hire was good, he wanted Odom over McDevitt which was the right call. Generally seems to have a decent grasp of the landscape based on interviews. Biggest mistake while here was definitely the contract structure for stock after the 10 win season

I know you’ve met with him, and probably feel lied to and deceived. But McPhee is infinitely the bigger problem in my opinion. I could write a thesis on how bad he has been for our university.
Football scheduling was not even remotely close to good imo. If you mean sacrificing a chance to win for 2-3 P5 (at the time) games per season, with the occasional 2 for 1 deal, then I suppose you’d say it was good scheduling. It was lazy scheduling for us to make up for a lack of fundraising efforts. I still think the right thing to do is 1 P4 money game, 2 regional G5 games, and 1 TN FCS game. Which they are moving to in the future.

I think you missed what FR was saying. The one person running this University......

SS is running the show.
Watching him on stage yesterday was pretty rough. No prepared statement and just rambled for about a minute. That was my first time actually seeing/talking with him in person. I see where everyone’s disappointment with him stems from.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum

I wasn’t talking about Massaro either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT