ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Football schedule breakdown: First half

A 3-3 would be a solid start. We will need to upset Vandy or FAU. I have a hard time seeing us beating Marshall away since we haven’t been close playing them on the road.

2-4 is probably the likeliest scenario, but I think we go 3-3.

Here's a question, if we sweep our schedule (as unlikely as that is...) are we in the playoff? I dont see how we could possibly be denied that.

Here's a question, if we sweep our schedule (as unlikely as that is...) are we in the playoff? I dont see how we could possibly be denied that.

It would depend on how well Georgia ended up doing. If Georgia's only loss was to us and they still won the SEC and made it to the play-off, I have no idea how they could keep us out. Though I'm sure they would.

We would be in NY6 bowl, but not the playoffs.

If we could beat vandy and be 2-1 when Lane Kiffin and fau roll into town, I wonder if we get any boost from orange clad Kiffin haters as far as attendance. utk is playing at UGA same day, and with MT's luck our 6PM start time would be going against utk georgia on tv same time frame.

I have to go with history here. Do we ever fare well against our rivals? Do we ever fare well in the beginning of the season? I've experienced too many let-downs. Looks like a 1-4 start to me. Hate to be a debbie downer, but until this team/coach/program proves me otherwise, I'm doom & gloom.

Last edited:
The coach is given the incentive to do ok, but need not excel to do well for himself. At .500 and a bowl game, he will make far more than the average person and can rest on that fact. No need to put forth the extra effort and time to win a championship.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
If we can beat Vandy, it sets us up for a good year. It just does. If we can block and protect Brent, we are poised for a great year. FAU got us last year after we lost our 2 best players and had a bad backup QB. Brent hasn't played against Marshall since 2015 I think and we beat them then so to me, the key to this season is keeping Brent healthy. The line is supposedly much better at this point than they were last year so if that is the case, we should be ready to have a good year.

If we beat Vandy, I think we go 4-2 or maybe 5-1. It all depends on the OL IMO. If the OL doesn't do it's job, we could be 1-5 or 2-4 in our first 6 games. Beat Vandy. That's all I know.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Its the preseason enthusiasm in me. I say we go 5-1 and roll into a special season. If we beat Vandy then we will have solid momentum. FAU can and will be beat this year if we have our core group of players healthy. Fear the Blue Raider..

I have to go with history here. Do we ever fare well against our rivals? Do we ever fare well in the beginning of the season? I've experienced too many let-downs. Looks like a 1-4 start to me. Hate to be a debbie downer, but until this team/coach/program proves me otherwise, I'm doom & gloom.
The blue kool-aid always flows until the Vandy game for the last three years now. Nothing is going to change until a change is made at the top. Zero incentive to do any better than the minimum and a bowl game “appearance”.

Reactions: mtfblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT