ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Fall Camp, 2024

Very personable young men who really seem to appreciate the media showing a genuine interest in the team. Great that we now can have 3-4 media representatives asking multiple post scrimmage questions. Gives the viewer a much greater feeling that MT is trying to personally elevate itself as a true fbs team in multiple areas.
In the past I had the feeling that MT was just somewhat going through the motions of establishing itself as an fbs program comparable to other well known G5 schools. Since the CDM hire I have a totally different feeling. Now it really does feel like we have people who are trying to make a difference.

Any stats on the scrimmage? Usually this early the defense has an advantage but sounds like the offense dominated. Given all the losses on defense this might be a reason for concern.

Any stats on the scrimmage? Usually this early the defense has an advantage but sounds like the offense dominated. Given all the losses on defense this might be a reason for concern.
Good point

I think you could view it both ways. If the defense wasn't producing, it would mean the OL was doing its job, which could be encouraging in its own right. Now I wasn't there so I'm speaking purely out of speculation, but I do know Jekail Middlebrook had a DAY on the ground. There's a reason he spoke to the media

With offensive power Ole Miss looming shortly a wake up call for the defense could be a good thing.

Reactions: ewglenn
It was interesting to hear a few words in response to a question George Plaster on the state of the FB program left by the previous coach from former MT QB Kelly Holcomb on MT football at about the 135:45 mark of the video

Last edited:
We didn’t hear much Stock bashing by the media while he was here, but now it seems to be bubbling up a little bit more. Finally.

Reactions: ewglenn
No outright conference championship in football since Kelly Holcomb in '92? That's a long long time.
With Liberty on board in CUSA it will still be a difficult goal, even with the improved facilities, coaching, & recruiting. Nonetheless with what's going on this is the best MT football has positioned itself for championship contention in decades. The preseason rankings of #118 in the country will soon be a thing of the past.

We didn’t hear much Stock bashing by the media while he was here, but now it seems to be bubbling up a little bit more. Finally.
I heard some stuff too (mostly from reliable 2nd / 3rd hand sources or folks who wouldn't go on record). He's gone, so there's no reason to mention the specifics, but Stock seemed to lose the fire / discipline that he brought to the program when he arrived.

I'm A litte surprised by the question by George. A long time sports media figure in the midstate, was he that unaware? Or maybe it was set up, with Kelly Holcomb knowing it was coming?

I was done with stock as long as anyone and think he should have been fired a decade ago, but didn’t Kelly have some sour grapes because of something with his son?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT