ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Exhibition vs Coastal Georgia

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
Home opening exhibition Sunday against the Coastal Georgia Mariners. Before the game, meet and greet for BRAA members (free e-ticket required) with the team and coaches from 12 to warm ups time. Hors d'oeurves served. Tip off in the Murphy Center at 2:00pm, chance to see the Raiders for the first time this year and the revamped team without Brea Edwards.

Predicted Starters:
F Gabby Lyon
F Alex Johnson
G Jess Louro
G Abbey Sissom
G Ty Petty

First Off the Bench:
F/C Rebecca Reuter
G Kyla Allison
G Katie Collier

Reactions: SpaceRaider
FINAL SCORE: Middle Tennessee 108, Coastal Georgia 49 (+59pts)
LEADING SCORERS: Savage (18), Petty (16), Majors (14)
FINAL REBS: 61 - 34 Middle Tennessee
LEADING REBS: Reuter (13), Lyon (7), Allison (6) / Majors (6)
LARGEST LEAD: 59 points (final margin)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Was really impressed with the overall play of the team. Savage, Allison, Collier, Majors and Mychelle Johnson were a pleasant surprise. I believe we will be very happy with this team by the end of the season. This team will cause matchup problems for opposing CUSA teams all season long.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Really liked what I saw of Johnson. Had to leave at the end of the third quarter, but we liked her scrappiness and tenacity on defense. Going to enjoy watching the freshmen the next four seasons.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I was very impressed by Kyla Allison. Watching in warmups it is clear that her size is a major advantage at 6'0" on the wing. Her 3 point shot is very good - high arching and hard to defend. With confidence and experience she could be one of those wings who can rise up and knock it down easily, even being guarded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT