ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL End of football for 2020?

Watching Gameday at freakin Coastal Carolina has me so disenfranchised at how this university’s leadership has blown every opportunity to make us relevant. We had a chance to do this. Just blew it. Every which way possible. Because at MT they could never envision a scenario our program would be important enough on the national stage for something like Gameday to ever show up in Murfreesboro. Coastal in just three years has proven that’s false and passed little middle.

It’s been said before but there’s no commitment to excellence and no vision for the future. Mediocre Middle.

Buyout: $5,820,403

Mitigation/offset: Has a duty to mitigate by seeking another job

Does his “duty to mitigate” mean make a few contacts and handing out some resumes in the bar at the January coaches convention?

”His $5.8 million buyout is modest by Power Five standards, but for a Blue Raiders athletic department that generates just $35 million in revenue in a good year, it's a massive amount of money.”

Buyout: $5,820,403

Mitigation/offset: Has a duty to mitigate by seeking another job

Does his “duty to mitigate” mean make a few contacts and handing out some resumes in the bar at the January coaches convention?

”His $5.8 million buyout is modest by Power Five standards, but for a Blue Raiders athletic department that generates just $35 million in revenue in a good year, it's a massive amount of money.”
Our budget is 30m. I have this confirmed from inside the administration.

If Covid had not happened, does anyone think Coastal is actually hosting Gameday today? I don't. Not discrediting the program they are building, but if not for 1/2 of the P5 not playing much, they wouldn't be ranked

If Covid had not happened, does anyone think Coastal is actually hosting Gameday today? I don't. Not discrediting the program they are building, but if not for 1/2 of the P5 not playing much, they wouldn't be ranked

You’re probably correct but I think the point was they made a commitment to winning and built to achieve that so that when a major opportunity came, they were ready to capitalize. What have we capitalized on since 2009?

You’re probably correct but I think the point was they made a commitment to winning and built to achieve that so that when a major opportunity came, they were ready to capitalize. What have we capitalized on since 2009?
Completely agree. Just pointing out that it still would have never happened during "normal" circumstances.

There really needs to be an organized effort to demand change.
There has been a passive revolt for the last few years as evidenced by the drop in attendance, ticket sales and donations. Folks just stayed home or found something else to do. Until the BOT forces McPhee to cut off the check from student activity fees, the AD will continue to tout to the media that he is “breaking even.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT