ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Duke tonight v. Va. Tech

Well at least MT got some points late to keep the score closer than vatech. Surprised that vatech is as bad as they appear to be. Really think vatech needs to send that coach packing...
Ironically, the DC who has killed his career (Bud Foster) was the one who secretly vetted and met with him mid-season at Memphis before Fuente packed it in and gave the Tiger AD the middle finger on his way out. At least Stock had the courtesy to tell Memphis “no” until after the season when they pulled the same move.

Duke is a very good team. I said this last week. I think they are better than last year defensively and I think they will play Virginia for the Coastal division. I think they can beat UVA as well.

Duke looks like a really good team, but Bama destroyed them in the first game. Would the score be the same if they played again. Are the top 5-10 teams really that much better? I know Duke played Bama good for a while, but it just does not seem the score should have been that lopsided based on what I have seen since.

Had Duke big over VT. Having such a good year thus far with my big games. Duke should be good for another easy cover or two before Vegas adjusts.

Duke looks like a really good team, but Bama destroyed them in the first game. Would the score be the same if they played again. Are the top 5-10 teams really that much better? I know Duke played Bama good for a while, but it just does not seem the score should have been that lopsided based on what I have seen since.

The first game is hard to measure a team by. 4 years ago, Bama destroyed Wisconsin in the first game and Michigan State later that season. Are those 2 teams you'd want to tangle with? I do think the top 5 teams are that much better. Clemson, Bama, UGA and Oklahoma are the best programs right now by a mile. Everyone else is just participating.

After watching Duke in person, they are dialed in. They are taking the Tee Martin approach and are doing what Cutcliff did at UT in 98 with the same type of QB. It's working. Their D is getting even better. They learned from the Bama game and now they will tear up the coastal division.

Reactions: MarJac23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT