ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Palmer stepping back from PBP duties

Wonder who replaces him?
Good question. Just sat down & saw the update. Definitely have to send a salute 🫡 to Mr Palmer. He's given a lot of time to MT. I can understand him wanting to sit back & enjoy the games from the stands after so many years of dedicated service.
I'm not sure if he's had any training in play-by-play, but Jake Bolden is all about MT Athletics & does an excellent job in his weekly Blue Raider Podcast. He's always well prepared, & doesn't stumble. I wouldn't mind having a bit of youth & energy on the airwaves as long as the broadcast is slick, smooth, & professional.
If he's interested I say let him do a couple of the preseason games as a test with the Lady Raiders Raiders, & make a decision from there.
Odds are since we're so close to the sesson starting a selection has probably already been made.
CRI will be doing Jake's next Blue Raiders Podcast next Tuesday. They will be discussing the new team & upcoming opponents. I would almost lay money Coach Insell will give an update to who the new play-by-play announcer will be by then.
PS- Andy Herzer could be a good one as well.

Hate this but I understand. Known him for over 60 years and he is one of a kind. He was my grammar school basketball coach so we go waaaay back. Wonderful person and as far as replacing him, good luck because he will be a hard act to follow. Enjoy your retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT