ADVERTISEMENT

December 17th

Watched much of the game last night - don't know how he does it but Byrd had reloaded once again with a predominately Caucasian lineup and with two freshmen playing significant minutes (one making a major contribution last night - Why do Davis' new players take so long to adapt to "his" system and not Byrd's?)

Regardless a big win for the Bruins against a pre-season middle of the road Big East squad. It's going to be hard to stop the streak of losses to Belmont.

In other news of interest last night: We know how good UAB is but they lost at Auburn in a close game (UAB's last second shot blocked) - and Auburn was playing without three players who are expected to make contributions. I'm afraid the Blue Raiders will, once again, be blown out by a Pearl squad - this time in our Home game at the Tire Barn.

kids that play in structured systems thrive in structured systems in college. Kids who play in more free flowing offensive systems that allows for more individuality take longer to adapt to playing in structured offenses in college

Reactions: ToddMalone
kids that play in structured systems thrive in structured systems in college. Kids who play in more free flowing offensive systems that allows for more individuality take longer to adapt to playing in structured offenses in college

Good point. I also think it's a case of a coach teaching his players to play with their brains just as much as their brawn. My disdain for Belmont is equal to my disdain for WKU and their Griddle Arena, but at the same time, I also like to see Belmont succeed.

Watched much of the game last night - don't know how he does it but Byrd had reloaded once again with a predominately Caucasian lineup and with two freshmen playing significant minutes (one making a major contribution last night - Why do Davis' new players take so long to adapt to "his" system and not Byrd's?)
Better coaching or a simpler system. We've all heard how CKD is one of the smartest guys in CBB, but he may be so "brilliant" that his system is too complex for his players. I'll go no further b/c most on this board know how I feel about CKD...

Belmont succeeds because of coaching, period. Byrd is a gem. He also understands exactly what he needs in recruiting - players that fit his system. It drives me mad that they have a better program than us.

Reactions: SmithO1906
Yall are so funny. Once again we had a ton of new players starting last season which delays the learning curve. It is really that simple. We will start out fast this year. I am interested in seeing if Phillips contributes and if we redshirt Gamble. The rest of the team I am not worried about. Big difference from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT