ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL CUSA Baseball

Ran out of pitching. We should be in good shape next year. Our conference is the best I've seen it this year in baseball. 4 or 5 teams in postseason? I can't remember when that has happened.

Ran out of pitching. We should be in good shape next year. Our conference is the best I've seen it this year in baseball. 4 or 5 teams in postseason? I can't remember when that has happened.
Agreed. CUSA has 4 of the top 30 teams in the country.

I’m not sure if it was arms in this case. Siebert gave up his normal earned runs per game in 1 2/3 innings. Zoz had a sub-2.00 ERA and he ended his career with the worst inning plus of his career. We threw our best 2 relief guys and #3 & #4 starters. We only walked 1 guy. They had 20 hits, 5 HRs and 6 doubles.

We hit well for our 3 games. We pitched well for 1 1/2 games. ODU and FAU smashed the ball. I would not want to host a regional with ODU as the 2 seed or FAU as the 3.

Reactions: MTsumner92
I’m not sure if it was arms in this case. Siebert gave up his normal earned runs per game in 1 2/3 innings. Zoz had a sub-2.00 ERA and he ended his career with the worst inning plus of his career. We threw our best 2 relief guys and #3 & #4 starters. We only walked 1 guy. They had 20 hits, 5 HRs and 6 doubles.

We hit well for our 3 games. We pitched well for 1 1/2 games. ODU and FAU smashed the ball. I would not want to host a regional with ODU as the 2 seed or FAU as the 3.
ODU hit 7 HRs to beat FAU and advance to the finals. They are smashing the ball.

During the BRs three game run in the C-USA BB tournament there were approximately two dozen posts of which almost half were from two posters, one of whom appears to be new to this board. Although not a huge BB fan I thought there were many more MT posters who are BB fans and would have thought that by making the tournament for the first time in several years and winning the 1st game there would have been much more activity in this thread.

This relative inactivity tells me that:
MT BB fan base is deep but not wide or,
Total activity on this board has dropped substantially for "reasons" (pandemic, recent poor results on all sports, etc) or,
Other social media has replaced message boards for sports fans, not just at MT

What say ye?

During the BRs three game run in the C-USA BB tournament there were approximately two dozen posts of which almost half were from two posters, one of whom appears to be new to this board. Although not a huge BB fan I thought there were many more MT posters who are BB fans and would have thought that by making the tournament for the first time in several years and winning the 1st game there would have been much more activity in this thread.

This relative inactivity tells me that:
MT BB fan base is deep but not wide or,
Total activity on this board has dropped substantially for "reasons" (pandemic, recent poor results on all sports, etc) or,
Other social media has replaced message boards for sports fans, not just at MT

What say ye?
I'm guessing that all your reasons may be accurate but none of them are reasons for me not posting. I like baseball and was following the results, however I didn't feel I had anything to offer that hadn't already been said.

I hate reading too much into the number of posts but I would think if it's not a long absence of success of the baseball program, then the virus restrictions on fan attendance piled on top is quite limiting fan interest, leading to less action than might otherwise be happening.

It might be of interest and a subject a year or two from now to revisit, season tickets sold and attendance, over the recent years for all MT sports, requiring an FOIA request, since MT doesn't give that information up easily. I think it's unfortunate that the virus and restrictions on attendance occurred during the worst run of losing for MT athletics across the board. Not sure we will see much of a rebound until significant changes in are made in some leadership positions.

Although slower than I would like, I think baseball is starting to climb out of the hole it's been in for too many seasons. But it is frustrating to see other programs achieve success and national rankings in the various sports that fans normally attach themselves to, while MT chooses to play dead.

A GREAT 2021 season? Oh, I forget. MT's definition of a great season is if no one ends up in jail. This athletic department/entire university is a complete joke.
Hey, the Blue Raiders made the CUSA Baseball tournament for the first time since 2015.

Kinda like applauding bowl eligibility and participation even though Appy St. and multiple MAC teams beat our brains out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT