ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA adds 12th member

I drive past it everytime I drive down I75 for work. The location is great.

I'm not sure why, but it's a total Q-rating thing for me. It's also adding a ton of those anonymous, weirdly named at the same time.

A conference that added one of those and settled them in, and then maybe another one later on......would have been more palatable.

Inviting a bunch of them at the same time, along with the talk of teams like Tarleton, just makes me feel like we joined FCS.
All valid concerns. Every time I am back in the ‘Boro it’s mind numbing to me that we were completely left out of the last couple rounds of conference roulette. The school & booming community has so much potential to be a consistent, top 40 program in almost every sport.
Yet we are in a conference that stretches from Delaware across to NM St, back down & across to FIU.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I do miss Marshall and USM. I think they had a lot to do with many of the issues but those were fun games with good fans to talk trash with. I think JSU and KSU will end up being very chippy once those series mature.
It already is, they played a game a Truist a few years back and had 17k, and both were FCS. 5OT

If it is mind numbing as to why MT was left in the dust with FCS startups, you don’t have to look too far as to why.

Bad decisions from the top. Bad hires. Bad auto renewals. No championships. Facilities stuck in the 2000s.

If it is mind numbing as to why MT was left in the dust with FCS startups, you don’t have to look too far as to why.

Bad decisions from the top. Bad hires. Bad auto renewals. No championships. Facilities stuck in the 2000s.

Yeah, they drove away a fan base by not trying to win championships for 15 years. Now they have to rebuild it.

I'm 100% convinced that if you swapped our program's results with WKU's, we'd be in the AAC or Belt right now.

Just read Missouri State's women's basketball team will participate in the Paradise Jam this Thanksgiving in a Round Robin tournament. Game 1 opponent: Gonzaga
Game 2 opponent: Florida St.
Game 3 opponent: Texas Tech
Despite MSU not joining CUSA till July 2025 it's great to see this type of quality scheduling for an upcoming conference opponent. The lack of quality out of conference scheduling from many of our fellow conference mates has long been a sore spot for CRI, & rightfully so. It's great to see that Missouri State will look to match the same type of quality scheduling in women's basketball as what the Lady Raiders have done over the past years.
MSU will help to build CUSA's women's basketball ratings against outside conferences going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT