ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives, misguided or brainwashed?

Originally posted by BlueRaiderFan:
14 facts about the Obama presidency.
This list has earned "chained letter status". It confirms to me that you are not a critical thinker. Nice try.

Exactly what policy of Obama's do you credit for the economic recovery? All the heavy lifting to recover from the financial mess of 2008 was done by Bush, this is not in dispute. TARP and even the Detroit bailout was started by Bush, not Obama. What Obama inherited was an economy in the toilet, yet the policy to recover was already in place. Furthermore, actions by the Fed pretty much overshadow anything Obama has done. The only thing Obama can lay claim to is the stimulus package, yet he allowed that to get completely hijacked by Democratic pet projects. The much ballyhooed "shovel ready" projects got shorted big time.

And, you should know, the Democrats running for office seem to disagree with you. Their isn't a Democratic candidate in the country with wants him within 500 miles. GOP candidate are effectively using their opponents voting records coinciding wiht Obama's policies to prove their connection with this train wreck. In response, Democratic candidates are doing all they can to distance themselves from the Great One. You have to wonder why?

That list is full of faulty logic, out of context facts and completely distorted stats. Not even worth considering.

Nice spin, Mike. Six years later and you credit Bush. If Obama was so bad we would have reverted back to a terrible economy, which the data supports we do not have. Bush has little to do with what is going on in the economy six years later and to state that he does is asinine.

Nice spin, Mike. Six years later and you credit Bush. If Obama was so bad we would have reverted back to a terrible economy, which the data supports we do not have. Bush has little to do with what is going on in the economy six years later and to state that he does is asinine.
There is no spin in my post, zero spin. There is cause and effect. You posted an article that gave Obama a bunch of credit on the economy. I show you how policy actually effected the situation. Frankly a policy I didn't fully agree with. Then I mentioned the Stimulus that was full of pet projects that has no lasting effect.

I give Bush credit for dealing with the Economic Crisis - Obama didn't have to deal with it, he was present from the bottom till it was papered over. Please understand the timeline, the policies were all ready in place.

Mike, the point is; If Obama was as bas as you and others on here say he is, he would have completely reversed any good from those policies and we would be in as bad or worse economic shape as we were before the recovery, which we aren't. The facts speak for themselves. These numbers are due to current presidential policy, not some policy that was put into place 6 years ago. Stating that our current economic figures are due to Bush's actions 6 years ago is laughable. Stop doing it. You are looking foolish.

Mike, the point is; If Obama was as bas as you and others on here say he is, he would have completely reversed any good from those policies and we would be in as bad or worse economic shape as we were before the recovery, which we aren't. The facts speak for themselves. These numbers are due to current presidential policy, not some policy that was put into place 6 years ago. Stating that our current economic figures are due to Bush's actions 6 years ago is laughable. Stop doing it. You are looking foolish.
I never said Bush was responsible for where we are today I was talking about what went down in 2008 and what policies put into place to deal with the problem. The economy was "recovered" by June of 2009 according to the Obama . Thus this is why I reference Bush for the so-called facts in the article.

I would love for you to explain the cause and effect of specific Obama policy. While I would not be celebrating 2% growth, you apparently do. So tell me what Obama did to get us this growth - you may want to do some study on which sectors grew and why.

I will help you out - Obama talks a lot about our energy (oil and gas discoveries) and how under his Presidency we never been this close to energy independence - which policy did Obama institute that caused this development?

This post was edited on 11/7 8:07 PM by Blueraider_Mike

This post was edited on 11/7 8:09 PM by Blueraider_Mike

You said "all the heavy lifting was done by Bush" and now you are back tracking. Then you ask me what policies the president has implemented and lead me to your choice of energy policy before I can answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT