ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Conference USA East Stock Exchange

It depends on the defense and the health of Brent.

If Brent is healthy then the offense will be top notch but the defense has to improve for the program to take the next step forward.

If the offense stays the same and the D is only 25% better, we'll be in great shape. I know I have childlike optimism but Shafer is such an upgrade as far as the philosophy goes. I think we will improve by a huge margin as a whole. The biggest upgrade will be against the run. Shafer understands the run game and tackling fundamentals. He's also a good teacher.

Obviously, we're not becoming BAMA in 6 months. However, we will be positioned better and will have a better understanding of how to stop the run while tackling more effectively. I still think Shafer in the box is a master stroke and will keep us in games. I'm also convinced that games like Marshall, FAU scoring over 50 and the Hawaii game won't happen as often as they have.

From what I've read, Shafer has only Vandy in his mind and is studying everything about them now. That's who you want.

However, the reality is that if the D improves just a little, we will be fine. If they improve by 25% or more, we will be knocking on the door of having a fantastic year.

VU without Cunningham is a different team and they are gonna run Webb straight at us. If we reduce his success at the LOS, we will win that game and Shafer knows it. Excited to see what he brings in the spring.

I resigned myself to that during the 2010-2011 time frame when we had the New Orleans Bowl win momentum and completely squandered it. That was enough for me to see.

The biggest mistake, IMO, was allowing Dwight Dasher to return after being suspended for the poker debt and other crap. That was toxic to the whole damn season, and you'll never convince me that those gift-wrapped 'interceptions'/completed passes to the opponent's DBs were simple mistakes on the part of Dasher...

The biggest mistake, IMO, was allowing Dwight Dasher to return after being suspended for the poker debt and other crap. That was toxic to the whole damn season, and you'll never convince me that those gift-wrapped 'interceptions'/completed passes to the opponent's DBs were simple mistakes on the part of Dasher...

100% in agreement. Dasher 100% had money on that game there's ZERO doubt in my mind. Last collegiate game. He knew he wouldn't be yanked. He is a known gambler so no doubt has friends "in the business" - It ain't hard to rig a game. He didn't even do a good job of trying to hide the fact that he was throwing the game. The INT's were so obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT