ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Commitment No. 16 in the books

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
And just like that, MT has picked up another commitment today. JUCO OL Amir Luckett just made it official on Twitter.

Amir was in town this past weekend for an OV and has fielded two in-home visits over the past two weeks as well. Also had an offer from Southern Miss.

He's a freshman qualifier, so he'll have four years to play three.

We seem to have a lot of OL that come here as Freshman and RS. I think we only lose one SR on the oline?, do we sign this guy cause we believe he can start right away?

And since we are light at DT, can we ask a few of our OL to move to DT? I know its different skills but their has to be a few guys to can stop the run.

Reactions: SmithO1906
We seem to have a lot of OL that come here as Freshman and RS. I think we only lose one SR on the oline?, do we sign this guy cause we believe he can start right away?

And since we are light at DT, can we ask a few of our OL to move to DT? I know its different skills but their has to be a few guys to can stop the run.
I've always wondered about that second part. I assume a lot of o-linemen played some DT in high school. You would think some of these guys would have some type of fundamental base as far as playing the position

Exactly my concern! It's an almost ongoing yearly concern, are the coaches going to be able to land some quality D Linemen? As bad as the defense has been, getting good defensive linemen would seem paramount. At this point, more than 1 or 2 will be needed.

For the O Line, it is good to see quality players joining the team each season.

This guy actually looks like an OT on film. He did play some DT in High School. He has decent feet and will get better in our S & C program. Good get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT