ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Column: Coach Mason putting emphasis on the in-state prospects

Good Article. I think that's key to our success going forward and something the last staff just didn't even bother to do.

In the class of 2023 Stock's last class - we signed none of the top 88 in the state. Teams that did include Liberty (2), Rice (3), Troy (3). APSU signed 2 of the top 30. Georgia State, Colorado State, and FIU all signed top 50 instate players.

We're not Georgia that can recruit nationwide, but we don't need to. There's plenty of talent in this state and within a 3 hour drive to sustain a perennial conference champ contender.

Even if you don't land them all, in today's portal world, you might get another crack at them later if they want to play at home.

We did a better job last year with 4 of the top 100, but we can do an even better job. I'm sure as Mason and his staff starts to lay the groundwork, we'll see more success - Hubbard already looks like a top 50 guy in state and we'll see where Bryan lands when he gets evaluated.

Good Article. I think that's key to our success going forward and something the last staff just didn't even bother to do.

In the class of 2023 Stock's last class - we signed none of the top 88 in the state. Teams that did include Liberty (2), Rice (3), Troy (3). APSU signed 2 of the top 30. Georgia State, Colorado State, and FIU all signed top 50 instate players.

We're not Georgia that can recruit nationwide, but we don't need to. There's plenty of talent in this state and within a 3 hour drive to sustain a perennial conference champ contender.

Even if you don't land them all, in today's portal world, you might get another crack at them later if they want to play at home.

We did a better job last year with 4 of the top 100, but we can do an even better job. I'm sure as Mason and his staff starts to lay the groundwork, we'll see more success - Hubbard already looks like a top 50 guy in state and we'll see where Bryan lands when he gets evaluated.
I’ll follow up on on Bryan’s evaluation

Would be interested in knowing over the past 10 years how many D-1 signees came out of Tn and how many signed with us? I would bet that it is less than 5%.

Would be interested in knowing over the past 10 years how many D-1 signees came out of Tn and how many signed with us? I would bet that it is less than 5%.
Shoot. Just look at Rutherford County. As many champs as Oakland has had in the past decade and we've hardly gotten anyone from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT