ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Casey Bowman on VandySports.com podcast preview VU @ MT

the vandy guy went to MT??? o_O

A small quibble - Hal ran the first MT Rivals page before Rivals went belly up.

Rick ran the second (current) MT Rivals page after Rivals rose from the dead

Reactions: C-Bow
the vandy guy went to MT??? o_O

A small quibble - Hal ran the first MT Rivals page before Rivals went belly up.

Rick ran the second (current) MT Rivals page after Rivals rose from the dead

Dang...thanks for the History lesson Lynn! Evidently I needed to phone a friend on that one lol!

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Shafer is 180 degree change from Nix. That's why.

1. Shafer has had one season turnarounds just about everywhere he has been. (taking defenses ranked in the 100's to being ranked in the top 25)

2. Shafer calls from the box and adjusts better to the game than Nix. He's a much better strategist.

3. Shafer calls multiple D's and disguises plays during pre-snap which keeps QB's guessing.

4. Likes to attack where Nix didn't.

5. He's taking us from "rake your own leaves" to "burn their house down".

6. He will be coaching the safeties and his top LB as a DC at Cuse is now our LB coach.

7. Shafer beat a no.1 USC team. Nix got destroyed by Hawaii.

8. Ran aggressive drills in the spring. I've not ever seen our guys run like that on D.

9. Walter Brady and Peter Bailey

10. He knows how to stop the run.

These are a few reasons why we are gonna be better on D whiich will make us better as a team. .

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
Casey, great job on the interview.

Speaking of the old boards...I remember being in college when Hal ran Rivals 1.0. That is where I met a lot of fans before social media took off. I wonder if some of the people that used to post a lot have either left or "passed" on. Where has BigBadJohn been?

We've lost a lot of posters (at both places) since my old days at Delphi. Either lost interest, went to social media, or worse. I especially miss posters who were knowledgeable about both area high school prospects and what is happening on the practice floors in Murphy Ctr. As an example I don't know anything about how the BkB signees are doing.

I appreciate those who still post but wish more fans did. I don't twitter or facebook so I feel lost at times.

Peter Bailey? He hasn't done anything since he has been here?
He had aa few injuries and the game plan has not allowed him to do what he is capable of. Shafer has been working with him and he has progressed a lot from what I'm hearing. Brady is having an impact as well. If Brady can draw double teams, this will free up Bailey or others in rotation to penetrate more than last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT