ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Campus Planning Master Plan

I did a quick scan but did not see anything about KOM. Anyone know what is planned?

I did a quick scan but did not see anything about KOM. Anyone know what is planned?

Page 8, Under "building renovations" "C Kirksey Old Main Renovation / Support Utility Plant"

Page 8, Under "Building Demolition" "E.W. Midgett Building"

If you are not familiar with the Midgett bldg, here's an image, portion to the right. Early on that was the gymnasium before Alumni Memorial which came along in the early '50s.

IMG_2009051535633_DETL.jpg

Last edited:
As an ROTC grad, I was wondering what they would do with Forrest Hall. I know there has been so much talk of changing the name, but I find it interesting that on slide 12 it is gone and called a "Future Development Zone". Is there some news that I am missing?

As an ROTC grad, I was wondering what they would do with Forrest Hall. I know there has been so much talk of changing the name, but I find it interesting that on slide 12 it is gone and called a "Future Development Zone". Is there some news that I am missing?

In previous campus planning maps, the rotc bldg and annex have been gone. I looked a couple different times, I could not see where ROTC would go on the map according to the latest link.

I thought in the past year or two, with all the bldg name ****-stirring, that it might be a good time just to speed up the demolition and relocating the ROTC to a brand new building.

Reactions: mbg2g
In previous campus planning maps, the rotc bldg and annex have been gone. I looked a couple different times, I could not see where ROTC would go on the map according to the latest link.

I thought in the past year or two, with all the bldg name ****-stirring, that it might be a good time just to speed up the demolition and relocating the ROTC to a brand new building.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The building is old and could used an update. They could close it, demo it, and then build a new building honoring one of the the ROTC graduates that have been killed in combat. That way all parties get what they want and we can get back to the normal running of the university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT