ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Camelia

If you are an alum (or work at MTSU) make sure you sign up on Abenity -
https://abenity.com/
You can also do it from mtalumni.com, it is on their main page.

They have a lot of great deals, but one is with Last Minute Travel Club. You can get hotel rooms (3-star Sleep Inn & Suites) for $66 bucks a night + tax. They have some other deals on there for hotel rooms. Just FYI.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I got my tickets this morning. Renaissance was booked so we're staying in Prattville. Downtown is getting booked up. Wished we would have booked on Sunday.

Going to be an awesome revenge match, kinda of pissed we did not get a real team to play so we can gage our team. Suckbelt should be d2. This will be a slaughter for the blue raiders. 42-0.

Dear Blue Raider Faithful,

On December 3, the MTSU football team eagerly accepted an invitation to play in the Camellia Bowl on Saturday, December 16 vs. our old Sun Belt Conference rival Arkansas State. The game is located in Montgomery, a short four hour drive from Murfreesboro.

The Blue Raiders now have been invited to seven bowl games in our Division IA history, and this is by far the closest bowl game we will have attended. It is vital for future bowl selection and for the growth of our football program that we have a great showing of fan support in Montgomery. One of the deciding factors of receiving a bowl bid this year is that ESPN, who owns the Camellia Bowl, thought we could put fans in the stands. In fact, in an informal email explaining our selection they wrote in part… “Please move mountains to get fans and busloads of students to Montgomery…. Need your fans to take over the city. No reason your fan base can’t drive the 3.5 hours down the road.”

It is important for us to leave a strong impression of incredible support for this bowl. Your best means of support is to purchase bowl tickets and make plans with your family and friends to attend. It is an incredible feeling to see fellow Blue Raiders at the Bowl site dressed in blue knowing our fans outnumber the opposition and to celebrate the bowl win together. If you just can’t make the trip, and again, we strongly urge you to do so, we ask that you still purchase as many tickets as possible to help support the cause. We will take the unused tickets and donate them to Montgomery area charities through the Camellia Bowl. We need to minimally sell out our initial allotment of 2,500 tickets and need to be in position to be asking for more.

We invite you to check our Bowl Central page on GoBlueRaiders.com for updates and fan events including our alumni/BRAA tailgate where we can watch the men’s basketball team beat Auburn beginning at 5 p.m. We also have two pep rallies scheduled - one on Friday night and the other on Saturday to coincide with our tailgate. This bowl site is your go to source for all information related to the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl.

Thank you for your continued support of the Blue Raiders and we will see you in Montgomery.

Chris Massaro
Director of Athletics
Middle Tennessee State University

Anybody planning on tailgating on their own Saturday?
Also has anyone heard about a MT meet up Friday night anywhere down there?

For anybody interested in tailgating near the stadium. I emailed them and $20 gets you two parking spots in Lot E, one to park in and one to tailgate in. There also appears to be a decent amount of grass near the road to set tents up on.

Is it first come first serve?

No, if you click the link it gives you an email address to send your request to. The lady emailed me back very quick this morning. Didn't ask for money, just how many spots I needed. Kind of odd but I guess they put you on a list and you pay when you get there.

Anybody planning on tailgating on their own Saturday?
Also has anyone heard about a MT meet up Friday night anywhere down there?

Got an email from the BRAA about a gathering at Aviator Bar after the parade Friday night. 19+. 166 Commerce Street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT