ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Camelia

“I understand 2 of the 3 interceptions were in the endzones...LOL”

Not to mention, one of them was returned 100 yds for a td.
Another of their scores was a kickoff returned for a td.

Yeah, we had some major mental breakdowns. If we could have eliminated those self-inflicted errors, we could have smoked them.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I have no doubt this Blue Raider team ends up with a losing record after this matchup. They are going to embarrass and humiliate the Raiders if there's an opportunity. But hey, the athletic department can put up another awning or tarp touting MT participated.

Sure, why not? Plus, the tarp can cover up the increasing number of empty seats in Floyd Stadium on gameday.

Regardless of our thoughts on this season, or our discontent with the coaches and AD, or your beliefs on if 6-6 teams even deserve a bowl, it's important for those who can make this game to go and bring everyone you can. The influence of our fans showing up is much greater than Stockstill because it influences our program as a whole over the long-term. Stockstill could be gone after next year for all we know.

This bowl will influence recruiting as well. The more people we have there the better.

Did someone hack Wiley's acct? That's quite a reasonable and mature perspective on the bowl game.

No hacks. I would normally say don't go to the games but boycotting a bowl game isn't going to change anything and it only potentially hurts the program for the future.

This is without question the most important bowl game we've played in our history because it's a regional game and everyone is gonna want to know how many people we bring. If we have a poor showing at this bowl game, it's going a major detriment for future opportunities because there's ZERO excuses for people to miss this game (I would argue our 6-6 record and facing Arkansas State as valid reasons, but that's it).

The game is on a Saturday. It's not during Christmas week. It's a close drive. There's literally zero excuse for us to not have at least 5000 fans there. For those who have withheld funds or stopped attending games, please go to this one if you can.

I'm even going to try and make it from Columbus, OH if I can find someone to work for me.

Crazy to see Arkansas State fans wanting Blake Anderson gone. They won the SBC last year and damn near won it this year and their fan base still isn't happy. I admire (and envy) their demand for excellence.
I know several people connected with the ASU program, including a booster who as a strip of the old turf in his garage. They don't like Buster-ball.

Arkanas State has always been a dangerous team. We will have to play our best in order to beat them. However, I do feel better by having some time so we can get healthy again to play them. If Richie was coming back, I'd feel real good about our chances but we'll have to make due without him as we have.

Can't go 3 and out if we want to beat them. We gotta produce.

Dumb question. I’m assuming that’s for BRAA members only or at least them being first served? And if I were to join as I’ve been planning on just haven’t, would I be able to get one for my daughter to go with me?

Call Bethany at the number in the tweet...

dnj:
http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ver-then-camellia-bowl-interjected/918443001/
MT football thought its season was over. Then the Camellia Bowl interjected.

excerpt:

...Players literally exchanged hugs and goodbyes during a 2 p.m. team meeting Sunday at the Sports Performance Center.

"All the bowls hadn't been picked yet," coach Rick Stockstill said, "but it didn't look good for us.

"I told them, 'I think we are out. I don't think we are in.' I was emotional. They were emotional."

About 3:30 p.m., Stockstill reached out to his players to reassemble them for a second meeting, this one at 5 p.m. The season is not over, he told them.....

Will be closer to a pick'em at kick off. Probably go off +2ish.

Going to have our hands full trying to stop that Ark St. offense. Should be a good game. If we play our best we can win but we typically don't do that in bowl games.

So coach bought 10k's worth of tickets for the students to go to the bowl for free. That's pretty cool right there. I think I'm gonna go down and support my Blue Raiders. It's my mom's birthday but I think she'll understand.

CFN Analysis:

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl
Saturday, December 16th, 2017
Cramton Bowl, Montgomery, AL
ESPN, 8:00 pm
Arkansas State vs. Middle Tennessee

Knee-Jerk Instant Analysis: Whatever the point total is, go over. Middle Tennessee QB Brent Stockstill and Arkansas State QB Justice Hansen will put on a show. Both teams will generate a pass rush, but ASU’s is better.

First Thought Prediction: Arkansas State 45, Middle Tennessee 34
First Thought Line Guess: Arkansas State -4
Actual Initial Line: Arkansas State -3.5

Don't underestimate Buster's previous experience with Brent has a huge advantage for ASU. Buster knows his weaknesses and his strengths probably as well as anyone now. I'm sure he'll be working with Joe Cauthen to get make sure he's contained as well as can be. Without James, this is going to be a difficult game to win. Arkansas State was the best team in the belt and they're either going to be PISSED about losing to Troy and wanting to prove something, or still nursing a hang-over from the disappointing loss. I'm guessing they will be pissed.

I would love to see us go down there and get revenge for that 45-0 @$$-kicking the last time we played, however; at this point I'm just hoping for a competitive game.

excerpt:

...The Camellia Bowl features the Blue Raiders facing the Arkansas State Red Wolves in college football action.

The Blue Raiders won three of the last four to close the regular season and receive an unexpected Bowl invite. Middle Tennessee was supposed to challenge for the CUSA crown but when star quarterback Brent Stockstill was injured, surviving became the goal of this team. Stockstill returned for the final four games but the offense as a whole wasn’t explosive at 24.8 points on 398.9 yards although the team still threw effectively with an average of 252.7 yards per contest. The Blue Raiders leaned on a solid defense more then expected but the unit generally held up with 24.2 points allowed on 349.3 yards with top 50 numbers against both the run and pass.

Despite missing half the season Stockstill still threw 204 times and connected on 58.3% for 1,440 yards with 14 touchdowns and five interceptions so MTSU will continue to live or die on the passing attack in their Bowl. Ty Lee is the top Blue Raiders receiver with 75 receptions for 916 yards and five scores but five other caught 20+ passes so the passing game does spread the ball around. Middle Tennessee didn’t run the ball a lot but were effective none the less with Brad Anderson and Tavares Thomas combined for 1,000+ yards on 166 carries with Anderson catching 33 balls out of the backfield.

The Arkansas State Red Wolves went 2-2 in their final four games which dropped the team to third in the Sun Belt. Arkansas State was impressive offensively with 498.4 yards and 38.5 point. Most of the Red Wolves production came through the air with the #6 passing game averaging 341.2 yards. The ASU defense was sturdy as well with just under 25 points given up on 381.5 yards. If the Red Wolves had a weakness it was against the pass with opponents averaging 242.3 yards because either couldn’t run or had to throw because they were behind.

Red Wolves quarterback Justice Hansen was the focal point of opposing defenses yet he succeeded by taking whatever he could get whether it be long, short or anything in between. Hansen completed 274-430 for 3,635 yards with 34 scores and 15 picks and averaged around 8.5 yards per attempt. Arkansas State had plenty of receiving options with the trio of Justin McInnis, Chris Murray and Blake Mack combining for 131 receptions and over 1,350 yards. Warren Wand was the top back with 660 yards on 124 touches but the offense wasn’t know for cranking out rushing yards.

Over is 7-0 in MTSU last 7 games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game and MTSU are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 neutral site games and over is 4-0 in MTSU last 4 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points. Under is 12-2 in Arkansas State last 14 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game and under is 6-1 in Arkansas State last 7 games following a straight up loss and under is 14-3-1 in Arkansas State last 18 games on fieldturf. Favorite is 9-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings and home team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings and MTSU are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings.

I guess Arkansas St felt like one upping Stock and their coach and AD purchased $20K worth of tickets

Man. I keep seeing even more reasons to make an almost 9 hour road trip to go. The tailgate on Saturday now. The pep rally Friday. I of course enjoy the game but when you take that long of a trip, it's neat to have other stuff be a part of it with other Blue Raider fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT