ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson

Alright first article came out and I felt that was not really news worthy. Then he got arrested again and I was like

cfb.jpg

Reactions: C-Bow
Never mind I see that he indeed did get arrested twice. So it makes sense why we lost. Our leading rusher from Saturday apparently has some character flaws. It all makes sense now

it is surprisingly easy to have someone arrested, though, so we should give it time to play out and truth be revealed. And in cases like Bryson's, I will venture to say we have all been conditioned to presume "guilty until proven innocent".

Be careful if you ever find yourself in a dispute with someone. The slightest thing you do can be used to have you arrested, and before you know it, you can find yourself up to your eyeballs in legal fees. There is a ton of "malicious prosecution" that goes on. Guys in particular are more willing to let the fur fly and then let things be. But females seem to enjoy being plaintiffs in matters like Bryson's. I think it's all part of the victim mindset that seems to be running rampant these days. Just another reason I wish we would have common sense legislation here in America where "loser pays" all court costs and attorney fees.

Reactions: TeKEraider
Todd is right child issues can get messy best to hold off judgement. I know a guy that got back together with his baby momma for about 6 months so he wasn't writing a check every month but was splitting expenses. Got in a fight and broke up again. Any guesses as to what happened next? Yep. got dinged for being 6 months in arrears.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Simple Assault can be verbal. I specifically asked on the chat last night if it was domestic. Aldo said no it would have said been tagged "DV" on the report. He said he was a crime reporter prior to this so I guess he knows what he is talking about.

Edit- he could also be completely in the wrong. I'm just saying these things are never simple.

Last edited:
It should be evident for all the world to see, that having children out of wed-lock is a recipe for disaster.
I will have to respectfully disagree. Marrying the mother of my daughter would have been a disaster for me. Just like it was for the 3(& counting)poor schmucks that did marry her. It was rocky at first and things aren't perfect but I got an awesome kid out of the deal. After my dealings though I am pretty sympathetic to the fact that there are two sides of the story.

It's a small sample size but of my personal friends and family the unreasonable and irrational mom is way more common than the deadbeat dad.

It should be evident for all the world to see, that having children out of wed-lock is a recipe for disaster.

I would alter or possibly clarify slightly: It is evident for all the world to see that conceiving children outside of marriage is a recipe for disaster.

IMO sometimes especially really young people marrying just because of a pregnancy is quite possibly adding a problem onto an already difficult situation.

I say this not just because this is a sports board mostly made up of men, but this culture has been pretty harsh and unjust to particularly young men over the last few decades. There's been some improvements, but likely just small gains. As this relates to this thread and MT football, I'm not quick to jump to conclusions about a young football player in a case like this. Could it be true as charged? It's possible. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Beyond "innocent until proven guilty," who knows what kind of games may have been run by either party about seeing a baby or small child? While it was so politically expedient to get "deadbeat dads," there were just as many emotional and manipulative young women who suddenly found incredible power in the justice system doing their bidding in regards to a young man who may have "hurt her feelings." Make no mistake, some young men cause trouble and problems. Just saying it's not only the men; some women cause trouble and problems also.

I certainly don't know the whole story, but sex has consequences, the major one is creating children, so individuals be they male or female need to be ready emotionally and financially to deal with those consequences before they engage in those activities, other wise you're setting yourself and the child up for failure. While some beat the odds, the majority of out of wedlock births lead to poverty and misery for all involved. I worked several years with poor in the inner city, and it just frustrates me to see this pattern repeat itself over and over again, I would guess that Bryson and the Woman involved also began life in a broken home and that's probably the only example they have to live by. It's really sad, Bryson should be worrying about school and football at this stage in life, not child support payments. Hopefully he'll teach his children to not go down the same road he did.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Like my dad told me back when I was a kid. "You don't ever jump out of a plane with no parachute. So make sure you strap up before you ever take the beach. If you don't know her that well, wear 2."

blueraiderJT: Excellent advice, except for the "wear 2" (probably said in jest).

As one would learn from any good sex-ed course wearing two causes friction between the two , which can cause both to rupture (not a good thing). Just a little advice for those who need it.

Now back to all things Blue Raider.

it is surprisingly easy to have someone arrested, though, so we should give it time to play out and truth be revealed.

Did y'all hear about the 8th-grade girl who threw a baby carrot (in the hallway, I think) and hit a teacher with it?

That student is now being charged with...assault and battery. I kid you not.

Remember, if you ever find yourself at odds with someone, first determine if your adversary is the type of person who seems to enjoy being a plaintiff. If they seem to enjoy being a plaintiff, and you're OK with letting them believe they defeated you, lay low and focus on what's good in your life. Let 'em have whatever bush they're peeing on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT