ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Bruce Pearl and Auburn will visit Murray...

i didn't catch how many times Murray is going to visit Auburn in the contract. Murray, for them, has been down for a couple of years. Doubt Pearl would go to Murray if they had the recent success of the Blue Raiders.

Regardless, I sympathize with Davis as he tries to obtain an acceptable home OOC schedule. Gotta be a nightmare, especially after recent success. (IMHO having a good RPI would cause many coaches to visit if not for their fan bases).

Bruce Pearl is full of himself. If I was Kermit and the closest he would come is Nashville in playing us, I would have told him to suck it.

I would have also at the time; remember, Davis had just allowed Pearl, a commentator at the time, to speak before Blue Raider fans. Not agreeing to a home-and-home was a huge show that Pearl is an elitist, self-centered a--hole, but we kinda suspected that.

If I had coached at a mid-major as long as Pearl had rather than coming up through the ranks at exclusively "power" schools I would like to think I would have just a little compassion for the little guy. But, what-the-hey, it's very popular to have a "pull up the ladder after I get in" mentality. Look no further than at the BkB coach on West End, among examples available and not just in college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT