ADVERTISEMENT

BRAA Website

Did anyone else get a dinner time phone call this evening from students working the phones selling tickets to the Murray St. home opener? She said she was calling from the press box in Floyd Stadium. I thanked her for the call but told her I have a prior commitment here in Franklin that night.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Yeah as if the tickets won’t be $2.00 before the game. Don’t forget the free hot dogs.

I am going to support my child for family day. i figured I could walk up and buy some.

But, as usual, I got no phone call.

I got a call from a 931 number I didn't recognize, so I ignored it. I listened to the first 7 seconds of the voicemail and turned it off because I was out getting dinner with my family and still haven't finished listening to it yet.

The VM was from a professional selling class at MT. They had a one-time offer for (4) tixs, I think 4 drinks, & hotdogs. $150 value, but if you bought last night the price was $80. I deleted the VM, so may not have all the details correct.

Last edited:
On the subject of tickets / ticket prices (since ya'll brought it up) :

I'm in east TX right now. SFA is the closest CFB program (about 45 minutes away) so I decided to look up ticket prices on stubhub. Tickets were ~$25 each. I live in the area. I'm a CFB fan. But there ain't no way I'm paying that much for a SFA game. By comparison, comparable seats on stubhub for MT vs Murray state are $14.

Value wise it's a good deal. And I applaud them for trying something new. That aspect is desperately needed. It's a start, but it's gonna take more to bring the casual fan in, which is pretty sad honestly. People beg for things to do and yet instead of going they'll sit on their couch on the phone.

Value wise it's a good deal. And I applaud them for trying something new. That aspect is desperately needed. It's a start, but it's gonna take more to bring the casual fan in, which is pretty sad honestly. People beg for things to do and yet instead of going they'll sit on their couch on the phone.
Agree.

IMO, the greatest opportunity for growth for MT attendance is the casual fan / community / families. This means their primary competition is movies / other family activities (not necessarily Titans / Preds / NashSC).

Need to find ways of making it affordable, engaging, and fun for families.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT