ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Basketball Jones...

Nope, he was a Soph last year and will have to sit out one year as a transfer.

His three offers coming out of High School were Arkansas, MT and Chattanooga. So, MT has been after him for some time, albeit not this new staff. I'm sure the familiarity helped.

Great pickup...pretty productive back up player in the SEC. Big guard at 6'5". Like that he has two years.

He's a streaky and inconsistent 3-point shooter, but when he's hot he can make 3 or 4 in a row. Played really well until Arkansas got into SEC play last year (19 points against UCONN, 15 against Minnesota, 12 against UNC) then fell off some. Has a really smooth shot and gets great elevation (being 6'5 is nice) but he is very thin and not great on defense.

JaCorey Williams improved a ton during his redshirt year so maybe he'll do the same.

CNM likes tall, long guards due to their versatility and ability to defend/deflect/hinder passing lanes, etc.. That said, he's certainly utilized smaller guards while at UNCA (i.e. Andrew Rowsey 5'11" is someone you all would likely know) when they contribute offensively.. Rowsey was a defensive liability at times.. Going off recent history, CNM will play guys that can help his team regardless of size/position.. If players can learn/execute the offense without limiting the team, can they defend, and he typically rewards smart/energy guys with playing time- again as long as it benefits the team...

Sounds good. From what I can tell of Sims, he demonstrated energy and smarts when on the floor during his freshman season. He seemed a pleasant surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT