ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL At the midpoint of the 2021 season... it would appear MT is on target for 'bowl eligibility' :(

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
looking at the rest of the schedule using the espn matchup predictor, MT chances against each opponent

against UCONN, MT chances are 90.3%

against USM, MT chances are 78.8%

against WKU, MT chances are 27.7%

against FIU, MT chances are 83.3%

against ODU, MT chances are 79.5%

against FAU, MT's chances are 23.5%

Ah yes, a MT bowl season. That wonderful time of year where we show a national television audience how we do it...... receive a beat down that is.

Last edited:
We will get to watch 7wood MacFee and Massaro trot around thumping their chest over a throttling by a MAC school in a no name bowl with a big name of companies we have never heard of. And Stock gets another year. Yipeeeee!

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Stock: “We are gonna compete and fight our tails off the 2nd half of the season to get a bowl invitation and a nice bonus for me!!!!”
I look for rick to lose to UConn - it's out-of-conference AND away. He tends to roll over in both situations.

I look for rick to lose to UConn - it's out-of-conference AND away. He tends to roll over in both situations.
This is certainly a game we can and should win, but we have a habit of playing down on the competition so a lost in two weeks would not be a big surprise.

Watch them lose to UConn, and everything else goes the way its supposed to go until the last game when they pull an upset over FAU for that 6th win, a bowl game and contract extension for Stock. UGH!

Watch them lose to UConn, and everything else goes the way its supposed to go until the last game when they pull an upset over FAU for that 6th win, a bowl game and contract extension for Stock. UGH!
Well, FAU is coached by Taggart. It would not be the first time a taggart coached team has lost to Stockstill.

Reactions: Predarat
I’m thinking more and more that Tommy West is dumb like a fox. He did Memphis a favor convincing Stock to pass on Memphis and stay in Murfreesboro but even more, I think he was setting up a soft landing spot if things didn’t work out as DC at UAB and Southern Miss just running through his coaching fraternity IOU list in years past. Neil Callaway, Ellis Johnson and now Stock. MTSU has been a real windfall for him and Mallory. Most Assistant Coaches (and even Head Coaches) would have been shown the door by now at other schools in our peer group.
Like someone said in a previous thread post, “this current situation almost appears intentional.

Reactions: TrueBlue147

Oh, it'll happen. I read an article today how the Governor of Connecticut was behind the team and believed the school could be successful. They have great facilities, basketball, etc. It'll drive the players and watch, we will lose.

Reactions: Predarat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT