ADVERTISEMENT

Appalachian State officially ranked in AP poll

Let’s see: Appalachian State, Troy, Marshall, ECU, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, Memphis, Southern Miss all have enjoyed AP or Coaches Poll rankings since we joined FBS 1A. Utah State Aggies may be added to the list this year if they continue to win. UAB is receiving 6 votes in Coaches this week. We still do not even have a top 25 ranked win while in FBS on our resume in 20 years! When one thinks about this, it’s an indictment on our weak football and AD leadership to build something greater than a 6-6 bowl eligible program as a baseline. It’s very disappointing. A C-USA Championship should be minimum expectation this year. Hope our team delivers. The UAB game is looking more as the make-or-break game of the season on November 24 but all are getting to be must wins (save for the UK Wildcats). One more loss totally ruins it for us.

Last edited:
Man. I didn’t realize there were that many.

But that was my point. That App State and many others have done it. And we haven’t in 20 years. As the shirts said my freshman year “1-A All the Way”. Yeah. Um. Nope. Still waiting for that “all the way”.

Appy st. not being added to CUSA was ridiculous. If Ga Southern, Troy and Ga Southern were added to CUSA instead of Charlotte, ODU and UTSA, we are a much stronger conference.

Man. I didn’t realize there were that many.

But that was my point. That App State and many others have done it. And we haven’t in 20 years. As the shirts said my freshman year “1-A All the Way”. Yeah. Um. Nope. Still waiting for that “all the way”.

Appy st. also won 3 national championships in a row before going 1-A. Their leadership (AD and staff) is national top 25 level.

Don't forget either that nearly every MAC team has been ranked too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT