ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Another preseason preview of CUSA

Had it on while working this morning. Vatiatto will be the starter. Typical Stock speak beyond that.

Very impressed with KC Keeler at SHSU. They will surprise some people. UTEP brought in over 20 transfers. Geez. Chadwell at Liberty. Kept saying he doesn't know what his guys are capable of yet. I really think their season will be whoop everyone or be a disaster. No in between.

Now, for the Judy interview. The poor ESPN guy was practically having to prod answers from her. Afterwards I watched Joel Klatt (part of my favorite college announcing duo) interview Yormark of the B12. Talk about a difference. Personable, articulate, humble yet confident, clear in his vision, TOTAL opposite of Judy. A conference, especially a G5, needs someone like him. Judy did impress me with the new TV deal, but that is about it. We desperately need some change on the leadership front.

I believe there's going to be a lot of parity in CUSA this year. Also, don't be surprised if one of the 3 newcomers wins the league. All 3 new programs have solid rosters, great coaching, and likely will be overlooked due to their situation as new comers.

La. Tech is looking like my surprise pick of the year. Lots of returning talent and transfer QB Hank Bachmeier comes in from Boise St. with plenty of weapons around him. Might not win the league but they will be much improved from last season.

total crap shoot on who wins the league. Every team will probably have at least 2 losses.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I believe there's going to be a lot of parity in CUSA this year. Also, don't be surprised if one of the 3 newcomers wins the league. All 3 new programs have solid rosters, great coaching, and likely will be overlooked due to their situation as new comers.

La. Tech is looking like my surprise pick of the year. Lots of returning talent and transfer QB Hank Bachmeier comes in from Boise St. with plenty of weapons around him. Might not win the league but they will be much improved from last season.

total crap shoot on who wins the league. Every team will probably have at least 2 losses.
4 new comers. LT will be explosive but their defense will need to improve to compete for a championship.

Aren't there four newcomers? Easy statement to make when half the league is new.

I will not be surprised if UTEP is in contention. Look at the all-conference team. It's basically their entire offensive line. Stock needs to take a trip to El Paso in the offseason and figure out what they do to have good offensive linemen.

I'm only watching this season to see how Stock botches a league that is now officially a glorified FCS league (and still can't win it).

• Haha
Reactions: SpaceRaider
4 new comers. LT will be explosive but their defense will need to improve to compete for a championship.
One of the new comers not named Liberty.

Everyone is picking wku or Liberty. I think there’s a ton of parity and any ones league. SHSU and NMSU have solid rosters and great coaching. Jax St is the most questionable of the bunch.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Aren't there four newcomers? Easy statement to make when half the league is new.

I will not be surprised if UTEP is in contention. Look at the all-conference team. It's basically their entire offensive line. Stock needs to take a trip to El Paso in the offseason and figure out what they do to have good offensive linemen.

I'm only watching this season to see how Stock botches a league that is now officially a glorified FCS league (and still can't win it).
Bingo. I've said before I don't think he is capable of a 10win championship season.

But if he can't make it this year with only 6 other teams even eligible to play in the champ game, it 1000% will never happen for him. I mean we automatically have a 1 in 7 chance of winning it. There will never be better odds than that as conferences continue to grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT