ADVERTISEMENT

Another NCAA Lawsuit

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
Depending on how this goes, they won't be the last to try this. And if it does work, the NCAA is done for. Bankrupt.

I think the most pissed person has to be Jeremy Bloom. I’m not sure how he lost his case. Had he won all this probably would have happened much sooner. Frankly that’s the moment the NCAA failed. It was very obvious he was not benefitting financially from his football endeavors and they had the audacity to prevent him from earning income in a completely different non-NCAA sport.

Instead of recognizing that as a watershed moment that maybe they should rethink the future they dug in using that case as a bedrock to keep up their amateur con. Literally all they had to do was establish a trust for players to be compensated after their playing time was over. But alas here we are.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Settlement looking like a bad idea right now. I wouldn’t want to hitch my wagon in any way right now with the ncaa. Let the NCAA take all the blame and sever all ties. Create new org and keep all future money. Let the ncaa rot and take all blame.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
What’s really disappointing is that many guys like me who played say… in the 70’s (and prior) are walking, hobbling, around after multiple surgeries, concussions, broken bones, bad backs etc. but we didn’t and don’t expect a dime for our four years representing our schools and going on to play the sport we loved past high school. The hours current players since the early 2000’s put into practices, and offseason workouts are a fraction of what we put in. I know of a former Memphis player, who turned in Tommy West to the NCAA for making them practice past the allowed number of hours. And now they expect six figures to suit up. NIL and the Transfer Portal have really put a bad taste in my mouth about college football and basketball. No loyalty whatsoever from the majority of them.

Reactions: MTTim and mtfblue
So in other words it sounds to me like they are fully expecting schools to sue if the settlement is approved.

Regardless if they don't have to spend the $ for NIL, they still are going to lose part of their NCAA income.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT