ADVERTISEMENT

Alasia in transfer portal

No, I don't think so. I think the similarities are that, in a lot of cases, the players who leave are those who don't really seem ready for CUSA-level competition or don't really fit into the program that well. Anna Jones is another one who comes to mind. She was pretty good but there was a disconnect somewhere. Obviously the Hayes sisters are a special case given the family and how they operate (which is their right - I'm excited to see where they end up and cheer them on).

It just seems to me that the majority of the players that leave are the black players and usually the ones that are contributors. has a reason been floated on the sisters yet?

It just seems to me that the majority of the players that leave are the black players and usually the ones that are contributors. has a reason been floated on the sisters yet?

It's anyone's guess really. I haven't heard any rumored reason(s) for the Hayes sisters transferring outside of the bouncing around that the Hayes family always does. Love 'em, but there's only so many times you can transfer in four (or so) years :)

All 3 Hayes sisters to Mississippi State. Which is interesting, because most fans in Starkville want the coach fired after 1 season. Nikki McCray Penson took a Top 10 program to not making the women’s NIT in 1 season.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
All 3 Hayes sisters to Mississippi State. Which is interesting, because most fans in Starkville want the coach fired after 1 season. Nikki McCray Penson took a Top 10 program to not making the women’s NIT in 1 season.
They also are losing a lot of really good players to transfer. It’ll be interesting to see how successful State is this year. I hope they do well there, I’ll be rooting for them, but MSU is not the same as it was a few short years ago

Don't know what to think about these "grass is always greener" sisters. Anatasia is on her 3rd program and the youngest her 2nd after only one season at ND. I guess as a coach you take a chance on them but they apparently come with a LOT of baggage.

ADVERTISEMENT