ADVERTISEMENT

Ahiers resigns as volleyball coach

Prediction. He will find a job coaching college volleyball long before Matt Peck.

I bet so... Sad to hear about Ahiers' situation, but Peck's is just making himself look worse every day. If anyone would be understanding of that guy it would be me, but it's just all so ridiculous and so much was obvious fabrication especially the crap about Insell. Really disappointing. Not a very good coach too.

I bet so... Sad to hear about Ahiers' situation, but Peck's is just making himself look worse every day. If anyone would be understanding of that guy it would be me, but it's just all so ridiculous and so much was obvious fabrication especially the crap about Insell. Really disappointing. Not a very good coach too.

Well it's tough enough to rebuild a career after being canned as a failure the last several years, but his resume would have let him have a chance, but when you are busy burning bridges at both ends, the only thing getting destroyed is the chances for him to ever work again as a college coach. Too bad no one apparently could tell him that before hand. What a f'n diva, not to mention a hypocrite. Everyone knew his 'orientation' no secret at all and his 'husband' was his assistant coach. Isn't there a nepotism prohibition at MT???

Well it's tough enough to rebuild a career after being canned as a failure the last several years, but his resume would have let him have a chance, but when you are busy burning bridges at both ends, the only thing getting destroyed is the chances for him to ever work again as a college coach. Too bad no one apparently could tell him that before hand. What a f'n diva, not to mention a hypocrite. Everyone knew his 'orientation' no secret at all and his 'husband' was his assistant coach. Isn't there a nepotism prohibition at MT???

I agree... to me it just seems really stupid. You're right that it wasn't a secret and anyone who knows Massaro and our admin should know they aren't going to be going around discriminating against people LGBT or whoever else. They may be a little lame on the leadership end at times but at least they have integrity. By behaving like this it's just really making only Peck look bad. There is in fact a nepotism prohibition at MT in terms of employment (family can't report to each other) ... so I am not sure why he thought to complain about his personal relationships when he was breaking school rules (those rules apply to everyone; I am a member of a protected minority and I can figure that much out without even having been employed by the university).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT