ADVERTISEMENT

A prayer request

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
"The body…and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus be a sign of it." JPII - Theology of the Body
A Prayer for UnbelieversO God, the everlasting Creator of all things, remember that the souls of unbelievers were made by Thee and formed in Thine own image and likeness. Remember that Jesus, Thy Son, endured a most bitter death for their salvation.

Permit not, I beseech Thee, O Lord, that Thy Son should be any longer despised by unbelievers, but do Thou graciously accept the prayers of holy men and of the Church, the Spouse of Thy most holy Son, and be mindful of Thy mercy.

Forget their idolatry and unbelief, and grant that they too may some day know Him whom Thou hast sent, even the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our Salvation, our Life and Resurrection, by whom we have been saved and delivered, to whom be glory for endless ages.

Amen.

BBJ and Mike:

In this prayer for unbelievers, we are reminded that they, too, are the children of God, and that their conversion would only increase our joy. On this holiest day of the year, I ask that you pray for them and their families.

He is risen, risen indeed! Hallelujah! May the miracle of Easter bring you renewed hope, faith, love, and joy.

This post was edited on 4/5 7:52 AM by nashvillegoldenflash

Prayer of St. Francis Xavier

There is a large partition between being comedic for satirical purposes, and being truly obscene. Many ardent liberals like Marc Lamont Hill relish in embracing the latter.
Hill isn't trying to be funny when he asserts that Easter Sunday is a day for black Americans to stand up in defiance of their white oppressors. He's serious.
Hill genuinely believes what he says is accurate and doesn't care if his words are borderline blasphemous. Never mind the fact that the Son of God was resurrected from the dead on this day, that doesn't hold water.
As an atheist, Hill does not mind antagonizing Christianity around the world on its most holy day.
From DownTrend:
It's always interesting to see how the lefties will try to ruin a perfectly good holiday. To them, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide, Christmas commemorates divine date rape, and now Easter is a call for blacks to revolt against white supremacy. I'm not making this up. CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill says Easter Sunday is the one day a year where blacks can be free from servitude and celebrate black power.[/QUOTE]
Hill begins his rant:
Sundays have always been important to Black people. Sunday was the only day that slaves were given a break from their unpaid labor to praise God and openly dream of deliverance.
But Easter Sunday took things to another level. Men and boys rocking pastel colored suits, little girls wearing shiny shoes and white gloves, and church mothers with huge ornate hats proved that White supremacy had not stolen our joy or stripped our style. Easter Sunday was a sartorial testimony to the beauty and power of Black culture.
While I do not believe in the story of Easter as a historical event, I nonetheless find resonance, power, and possibility in its message.
The story of Jesus is a reminder to challenge state authority, question unjust laws, and offer humanizing mercy to the prisoner.[/QUOTE]
The holiday is a testimony to the power of actionable love…Love of the poor should translate into humane public policy. Love of the Black community should be reflected in investment, both by the State and other Black people.[/QUOTE]
Then there's this bit that seems like Hill is saying Easter should be an occasion for blacks to kill white people, or at the very least destroy white people's power:[/B]
After confronting each other and ourselves with mercy and love, we can find the strength to "kill" the bad choices, unhealthy relationships, and dangerous structures that undermine our individual and collective happiness.[/QUOTE]
And finally to promote a lack of self-awareness:[/B]
We do not have to be prisoner to statistics, predictions, or past events.[/QUOTE]
Hmm…are you sure? Seems like you believed earlier that blacks haven't recovered from slavery, and yet they don't have to be prisoners of past events. Which is it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBJ and Mike, this just shows how badly atheists need our prayers.

Atheist CNN Commentator Equates Easter Sunday To…

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:

There is a large partition between being comedic for satirical purposes, and being truly obscene. Many ardent liberals like Marc Lamont Hill relish in embracing the latter.

Hill isn't trying to be funny when he asserts that Easter Sunday is a day for black Americans to stand up in defiance of their white oppressors. He's serious.

Hill genuinely believes what he says is accurate and doesn't care if his words are borderline blasphemous. Never mind the fact that the Son of God was resurrected from the dead on this day, that doesn't hold water.

As an atheist, Hill does not mind antagonizing Christianity around the world on its most holy day.

From DownTrend:

It's always interesting to see how the lefties will try to ruin a perfectly good holiday. To them, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide, Christmas commemorates divine date rape, and now Easter is a call for blacks to revolt against white supremacy. I'm not making this up. CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill says Easter Sunday is the one day a year where blacks can be free from servitude and celebrate black power.

Hill begins his rant:

Sundays have always been important to Black people. Sunday was the only day that slaves were given a break from their unpaid labor to praise God and openly dream of deliverance.

But Easter Sunday took things to another level. Men and boys rocking pastel colored suits, little girls wearing shiny shoes and white gloves, and church mothers with huge ornate hats proved that White supremacy had not stolen our joy or stripped our style. Easter Sunday was a sartorial testimony to the beauty and power of Black culture.

While I do not believe in the story of Easter as a historical event, I nonetheless find resonance, power, and possibility in its message.

The story of Jesus is a reminder to challenge state authority, question unjust laws, and offer humanizing mercy to the prisoner.[/QUOTE]

The holiday is a testimony to the power of actionable love…Love of the poor should translate into humane public policy. Love of the Black community should be reflected in investment, both by the State and other Black people.[/QUOTE]

Then there's this bit that seems like Hill is saying Easter should be an occasion for blacks to kill white people, or at the very least destroy white people's power:

After confronting each other and ourselves with mercy and love, we can find the strength to "kill" the bad choices, unhealthy relationships, and dangerous structures that undermine our individual and collective happiness.[/QUOTE]

And finally to promote a lack of self-awareness:

We do not have to be prisoner to statistics, predictions, or past events.[/QUOTE]

Hmm…are you sure? Seems like you believed earlier that blacks haven't recovered from slavery, and yet they don't have to be prisoners of past events. Which is it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBJ and Mike, this just shows how badly atheists need our prayers.

[/QUOTE]Flash, yes, the Great Commission is always our obligation and our charge as Christians. I appreciate your thoughful posts as always.

The disciples' mission was to carry the gospel, the story of Jesus, throughout the whole world. They were to do it without worrying about punishment or threats. I believe as Christians, we have an obligation to help each other experience the light of God's love. As Christians, I believe we have an obligation to help others come to know and engage the Holy Spirit in their lives...it's a ministry.

Note: Although I'm a Protestant (Methodist) and don't agree with some Catholic traditions, I respect the Catholic Church for its mission to spread the Gospel and help the poor throughout the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT