Oct. 24 at Rice*
Nov. 7 Charlotte*
Nov. 14 at Marshall*
Nov. 21 at UConn
Nov. 28 FAU*
Dec. 5 C-USA Championship Game
Home games in bold

4-8

Other than Indiana State (I assume), are there ANY teams on that schedule that we are clearly better than?

Other than Indiana State (I assume), are there ANY teams on that schedule that we are clearly better than?

CLEARLY? no, not in my opinion.

Not sure what Indiana State has but since it is a fcs program, I think we manage to win that. I see wins against ODU, maybe north texas, and a surprise win against FAU last home game, late november.

I got the email this morning as well. My first thought was the Blue Raiders very easily could go winless at home.

”The Blue Raiders' 106th season of football includes home dates with Indiana State, ACC member Virginia Tech, rival WKU, North Texas, Charlotte and defending league champion FAU.”

I'll be there at the VT game but honestly that's more because I live barely an hour from Blacksburg and hate the Hokies and know I can get some buddies to come with me just to root against them.

More for a weekend of fun in Nash than for the game dad to sa .

The sad part is, it's really a do-able schedule. No perennial Top 25 teams, No guaranteed losses. Duke and Virginia Tech games will obviously be hard and against bigger, faster, better competition.....but everything else should be in our wheelhouse. OOC schedule should really be a wash at 2-2 with predictable losses to Duke and Va Tech and predictable wins against Uconn and Indiana State. If we cannot go 2-2 with this OOC schedule and with the type of team I'm expecting us to have there is something seriously wrong with this program.

I'm expecting a CUSA competitor next year and our fans and administration should too. We lose very little talent on offense and defense and better be a better team. We return everyone meaningful on the OL minus Amir Luckett and have a lot of younger guys coming out of their redshirts. We get our QB back in Asher with another year under his belt and maybe Randall Johnson finally progresses. We get our RB's back except for T. West. We return every meaningful receiver minus Ty Lee. Offense has a whole should have a lot more experience going into 2020 along with a good infusion of younger guys. I think Jaylin Lane will play early and often and be a big contributor.

On defense, only notable loss is Jovante Moffat and Khalil Brooks. We lose some guys on the DL but I believe we have more talented, younger players ready to fill those roles (I'm looking at you Zaylin Wood, Marley Cook, Jordan Ferguson, Darius Williams). Some of these younger guys I'm really excited and hopeful about. Great size, great mobility and ability on tape coming out of high school. Tommy West needs to earn his keep these next few years. We should have a much better front 7 if he can do his job and get these kids ready to play.

We should have one of the better FG kickers in CUSA and one would hope they can get special teams figured out.

Biggest concern for me for the season will be our OL. Yes we return everyone meaningful but will a year of experience really make them better players? I'm hopeful some of these redshirt freshmen and sophomores will be ready to step in and steal some starting jobs. If we don't get better on the OL then nothing else will matter.

For the first time since 1998, I will not be there for any of them.

I stated well before the season ended that if we did not see significant change that I would not return next year. Nor will I ever until it happens.

Instead of significant change - so far not only have we not gotten that - we haven't seen any change at all. Not one damn thing. It's a stamp of approval for the declining state of this program. Sorry, better things to do than continue watching this pile of heap continue to spiral into an abyss.

Our two premier programs are 4-19 against competition in our own division for a dazzling combined 17% winning percentage in the current academic year. Let that sink for a moment.

FYI, we play at Marshall on the exact day of the 50th Anniversary of the plane crash.

yep, when MT played up there in 2016 it was the game that observes and memorializes that team tragedy. Blue Raiders got thoroughly stomped. That's a big emotional/motivational game for the Herd, no matter their opponent.

For the first time since 1998, I will not be there for any of them.

I stated well before the season ended that if we did not see significant change that I would not return next year. Nor will I ever until it happens.

Instead of significant change - so far not only have we not gotten that - we haven't seen any change at all. Not one damn thing. It's a stamp of approval for the declining state of this program. Sorry, better things to do than continue watching this pile of heap continue to spiral into an abyss.

Our two premier programs are 4-19 against competition in our own division for a dazzling combined 17% winning percentage in the current academic year. Let that sink for a moment.
I am sure your absence will be noticed and changes will be made swiftly because of it.

I am sure your absence will be noticed and changes will be made swiftly because of it.

Did you come out of your mamma a smart ass or was it an acquired trait? If you don't like what I say you can always hit the ignore route.

That said, most everyone has already left and that isn't even enough to make the necessary changes for improvement. If the administration doesn't care why should I?

Did you come out of your mamma a smart ass or was it an acquired trait? If you don't like what I say you can always hit the ignore route.

That said, most everyone has already left and that isn't even enough to make the necessary changes for improvement. If the administration doesn't care why should I?
Probably born with the ability and improved on it over time. If you are done with MTSU athletics like you say why do you waste your time posting on here? I don't go to the games to support the administration. I go to support the athletes. Me going or not going does not change the administration's behavior.

I just want to do things that help the program. I do not see how not showing up helps at all. If it did we would already see big changes because no one is showing up. Not showing up or donating does hurt the program though. Recruits seeing empty stadiums does not make them want to play here. Players get amped up if they see a full stadium. I have heard it mentioned on here how Massaro cannot treat us like a P5 program where money just comes in and fans just show up. Why not? If we as fans acted like P5 fans and showed up regardless and gave regardless. If we want a successful program we cannot just rely on the administration. We as fans have to start acting like fans from P5 schools. South Carolina fans have really nothing to hang their hat on in football, yet they still manage to fill their stadium at about 90% capacity from what I saw. That would be us averaging around 27,500 fans a game. Is that going to be easy? No, but we can all do our part to make it happen by showing up. Not showing up does nothing positive.

I just want to do things that help the program. I do not see how not showing up helps at all. If it did we would already see big changes because no one is showing up. Not showing up or donating does hurt the program though. Recruits seeing empty stadiums does not make them want to play here. Players get amped up if they see a full stadium. I have heard it mentioned on here how Massaro cannot treat us like a P5 program where money just comes in and fans just show up. Why not? If we as fans acted like P5 fans and showed up regardless and gave regardless. If we want a successful program we cannot just rely on the administration. We as fans have to start acting like fans from P5 schools. South Carolina fans have really nothing to hang their hat on in football, yet they still manage to fill their stadium at about 90% capacity from what I saw. That would be us averaging around 27,500 fans a game. Is that going to be easy? No, but we can all do our part to make it happen by showing up. Not showing up does nothing positive.

Actually this isn’t exactly accurate. Being an alumnus if a P5 SEC as well as MT, I can tell you fan attendance dropping and pulling donations is often a MAJOR factor in the AD making a change. USC is always sited as exception, but for every USC there is Florida St. The USA Today had an article where the attendance dropped to 54,000 this year and donations were down this year - the AD had to do something.

The problem here is Massaro does not care/listen what the fan base has told him. Get rid of Stock, get a new coach, breath some freaking life and excitement into the program and you know what will happen? Attendance & donations will go up immediately. Now if the new guy fails, it will drop back, but I guarantee you it would get a boost.

Money and attendance are the only ways to make your voice as a fan heard. Most ADs listen. Ours is awful.

The problem here is Massaro does not care/listen what the fan base has told him. Get rid of Stock, get a new coach, breath some freaking life and excitement into the program and you know what will happen? Attendance & donations will go up immediately. Now if the new guy fails, it will drop back, but I guarantee you it would get a boost.

Money and attendance are the only ways to make your voice as a fan heard. Most ADs listen. Ours is awful.
I really don't think Massaro can do much about the Stockstill situation.

Boots couldn't fire McCollum (because of McPhee) so why can Massaro fire Stockstill? I bet McPhee will simply let Stocks contract expire in the year 2056...

That said, Massaro could/should be a fundraiser but to my knowledge he hasn't done that either.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
Probably born with the ability and improved on it over time. If you are done with MTSU athletics like you say why do you waste your time posting on here? I don't go to the games to support the administration. I go to support the athletes. Me going or not going does not change the administration's behavior.

It does everywhere else. See the Memphis situation as an example.

Franklin how many people were at that UAB game when the leadership finally had enough?

Stock will bounce back. We won 2 games in 2011 and won 8 in 2012. It will be more of the same thing prior to 2019. We were 11 points from being 7-5. The schedule is no where like it was in 2018 or 2019. We play better at home with FAU and WKU coming. UNT is fine-less, FAU has taggart now LOL, ODU is ODU, Rice is beatable if we wake up, FIU is FIU, Indiana st and Uconn are whatever. I say 7-5.

4-8.....7-5.....what's the difference?
7-5 means sunshine pumping by the AD to the remaining fans. MT will be going to the nobodycares.com bowl. Other than than that, no difference.

7-5 means sunshine pumping by the AD to the remaining fans. MT will be going to the nobodycares.com bowl. Other than than that, no difference.
4-8......10-2.....what's the difference? Still going to the nobodycares.com bowl. Look at Boise State this year. They go 12-1 in the regular season and play a 7-5 Washington team in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl. Cincinnati goes 10-3 and gets to play a 6-6 Boston College team in the Ticketmaster Birmingham Bowl. Wow what a prize for them. If you are a fan of MTSU or any other G5 team all you will be doing is playing in a nobodycares.com bowl unless you are the ONE team that will get a chance to play in a NY6 bowl.

While I am hopeful next season will be a successful one, the release of the schedule does not stir any enthusiasm for me. For the first time since the mid-70's, I do not feel excited...

4-8......10-2.....what's the difference? Still going to the nobodycares.com bowl. Look at Boise State this year. They go 12-1 in the regular season and play a 7-5 Washington team in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl. Cincinnati goes 10-3 and gets to play a 6-6 Boston College team in the Ticketmaster Birmingham Bowl. Wow what a prize for them. If you are a fan of MTSU or any other G5 team all you will be doing is playing in a nobodycares.com bowl unless you are the ONE team that will get a chance to play in a NY6 bowl.

I care about us finally winning a CUSA title, which Stock will not do.

I want whatever it takes for Stock to be fired or retire. I want Massaro and McPhee gone. I love the school, but literally hate they are in charge.

I feel like they are conducting their own version of Seligman’s Learned Helplessness experiments using MT athletics and we are the dogs.

4-8......10-2.....what's the difference? Still going to the nobodycares.com bowl. Look at Boise State this year. They go 12-1 in the regular season and play a 7-5 Washington team in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl.
If MT goes 10-2 then fan support and recruiting improve (a snowball effect) which may lead to better records, better rankings and more money for the program.

The Raiders peaked in 2009. It's been a long, slow, slide.

Reactions: crposton
if 7-5 is bouncing back, Middle is an appropriate first name.

Can't believe how far expectations have fallen.

Great post. G5 is G5. Even the NY6 bowl isn't important now because you don't play on New Years. You play the Saturday before. It's all whatever.

Highly possible we start 1-5. That will keep the crowds coming.

Possible, but what I know about C-USA is there is a lot of parity, North Texas and WKU were a coin flip, Rice was winnable, FAU we had opportunities...Charlotte was the only ugly loss in my opinion. So 1-5 is possible but so is 4-2.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
If MT goes 10-2 then fan support and recruiting improve (a snowball effect) which may lead to better records, better rankings and more money for the program.

The Raiders peaked in 2009. It's been a long, slow, slide.
My post was partially sarcastic replying to the what’s the difference between 4-8 vs 7-5. I obviously would love 10-2 seasons. 12-0 would be great, but obviously unlikely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT