ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Football schedule change/ and beyond -peay added in 2025

Seriously? UConn is 3-25 in their last 28 games and the three wins were against two I-AA teams and UMass. And their recruiting isn't going to suddenly get better moving to Independent.

If we play them next year and don't win, we might as well give up and drop football.

Seriously? UConn is 3-25 in their last 28 games and the three wins were against two I-AA teams and UMass. And their recruiting isn't going to suddenly get better moving to Independent.

If we play them next year and don't win, we might as well give up and drop football.
I agree with this. If we can't beat UConn might as well shut it down.

Seriously? UConn is 3-25 in their last 28 games and the three wins were against two I-AA teams and UMass. And their recruiting isn't going to suddenly get better moving to Independent
TSU is 2-6 and MT won 45-26. Rick just doesn't put effort into beating out of conference teams. I think he doesn't want to put anything new on film if he doesn't have to so MT plays base offense and defense out of conference.

I HOPE that MT beats uconn's pants off but we know that Rick won't put much effort into it.

We've beaten Memphis, Bowling Green, Syracuse, Maryland, Ga tech and mizzou. We win OOC games just not as many.

Reactions: playersu12
We've beaten Memphis, Bowling Green, Syracuse, Maryland, Ga tech and mizzou. We win OOC games just not as many.
5 out of 7 vs. Memphis in the Div. 1 era. The Blue Raiders played a major role in the Tigers’ football program turnaround.
It finally lit a fire under an embarrassed** Memphis booster base to never let this sort of thing happen again.

**Their words, not mine. :D

Last edited:
It's crazy but Memphis is living proof of what can happen if everyone is focused. They have donors though and we don't. That's the biggest difference. They are ranked no. 24 with a 7-1 record facing an undefeated SMU this week. That game will be a primetime Saturday night game on ABC. I guess that P6 thing is real after all. :)

It's crazy but Memphis is living proof of what can happen if everyone is focused. They have donors though and we don't. That's the biggest difference. They are ranked no. 24 with a 7-1 record facing an undefeated SMU this week. That game will be a primetime Saturday night game on ABC. I guess that P6 thing is real after all. :)

58,325. Homecoming sellout for an ABC prime time with College Game Day broadcasting from Beale St.

They have come a long way from the 4,000 in attendance embarrassment loss to ECU on a Thursday night ESPN broadcast in 2009. Tommy West’s nail in the coffin after losing to MT earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
58,325. Homecoming sellout for an ABC prime time with College Game Day broadcasting from Beale St.

They have come a long way from the 4,000 in attendance embarrassment loss to ECU on a Thursday night ESPN broadcast in 2009. Tommy West’s nail in the coffin after losing to MT earlier in the season.
Meanwhile, we are in almost the opposite place...

Reactions: FranklinRaider315

I really enjoyed that ECU game. Memphis needs to give T West another chance. Maybe he and Tyrone Nix can join forces and take the Tigers back to where they belong!

I really enjoyed that ECU game. Memphis needs to give T West another chance. Maybe he and Tyrone Nix can join forces and take the Tigers back to where they belong!
Ain’t happening. In fact, one member of the Board of Trustees who was at the game was yelling for RC to fire Tommy before he got on the bus back to Memphis from Murfreesboro but cooler heads prevailed to let him go gracefully at the end of the year. Fortunately, the idiot AD let TW have one last shot on the podium and he burned the house down in his last press conference for all to see and hear. It opened the eyes, ears and wallets of all the money folks.

Ain’t happening. In fact, one member of the Board of Trustees who was at the game was yelling for RC to fire Tommy before he got on the bus back to Memphis from Murfreesboro but cooler heads prevailed to let him go gracefully at the end of the year. Fortunately, the idiot AD let TW have one last shot on the podium and he burned the house down in his last press conference for all to see and hear. It opened the eyes, ears and wallets of all the money folks.

Ha! I know you were a Tiger before a Raider, I just like it better when UM is terrible. Life just feels more normal to me when they aren’t very good.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT