ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL 12-30-1986

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
In the first game of the UAB classic the night before, MT defeated Michigan Wolverines and had to play UAB in the championship game.

Raiders were raped in B'ham. MT outplayed the blazers and Bruce Stewart outcoached Bartow, but the officials took every opportunity to screw the Raiders. Raiders lost in OT 91-93. I have never been more mad leaving a game than I was after that game. It was extremely obvious that the officials were not going to let the Blazers lose. When I got to my car, I turned on uab's post game to hear Bartow complaining about the officiating and how they kept MT in the game. Not a single word about the Raiders play, just whining about the officiating. If I had any respect for bartow (and I don't remember that I did) I had absolutely zero after listening to his bullshit.

The win over Michigan in the first game was the game that solidified MT's selection as an at-large team in the NCAA in March, prompting a national scale temper tantrum from Louisville's Denny Crum, whose Cardinals were left out of the NCAA tourney that year, and he blamed MT's bid for his team being left out.

Reactions: MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT