ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) @ Western Kentucky (2-2) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Thursday, September 28, 2023

I'd make them all walk home, then hand the entire coaching staff their pink slips when their geriatric asses finally arrive back in Murfreesboro.
Screw that. I'd pull a USC/Kiffin and leave them to find their own 100 mile ride home.

EDIt Ha!. Totally misread your post. So yeah. I agree.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
No longer a rivalry. We are not competitive. Sam and Jax St will probably hand it to us too. Just brutal. #FireStock

I said we'd lose by 2-3 TD's and my team did not let me down. Straight paydays 2 weeks in a row.

Thank you stock for the early Christmas present. Jax st. is gonna rip us in half. whatever the spread, bet on Jax. Easy money.

I was streaming the audio during a long car ride and thankfully lost reception around the 4th Q.

Side question: Why is the radio broadcast team so bad? Joe adds nothing as the Color Man and whoever does the studio work sounds he may kick the bucket at any moment.

I can’t believe I care this much. I’ve given up on the season now. Stock needs to go asap.
Many of us are right there with you. A new season brings hope that things will change, but every freaking year, it is the same stuff over and over again. Zero improvement, no passion, no appearance of wanting/trying to get better. So much potential pissed away since that New Orleans Bowl victory.

We've been mired in 6-6 type seasons for 18 years now. Stock has refused to remove his useless coaching buddies all these years. A disaster of a season is practically what this team has needed to force Stock to get some of these "sloths" out of here. Of course coach needs to be included in that bunch, but he's too locked in a contracted safety net for that to happen.
My apologies to the real 3 toe version.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A
2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A

2020 L 20-17 H
2021 L 48-21 A
2022 L 35-17 H

2023 L 31-10 A

I can hear the presser now
"Well, I thought we played hard. Our guys are tough. We competed and just ran up against a tough team. This is only one loss and our goals are still in front of us. We'll get back to work and get better."

What he should say is
"Well, that was an unacceptable butt kicking of an outcome. We didn't protect well with our OL play, had dropped passes, too many predictable plays called, didn't tackle well, were extremely undersized across the line of scrimmage, I could go on. We just weren't prepared and that is on our coaches, which makes it on me. I didn't do my job well enough to gain the only acceptable outcome, a win. That is why I have informed AD Massaro and President McPhee to begin the immediate search for my replacement at season's end. Our fans, students, and alumni deserve better than this. I intend to give it everything I have and send things off on a good note."

....and...we wake up from our dream

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
The really sad thing is we know he's not going anywhere.
That's the maddening part! Other schools can at least look forward to their coaches being fired if they don't get it done and having hope that the next coach will be better.

The situation were in is unheard of. It really is criminal to do this to a program. SMU got the death penalty and I would trade places with them in a heart beat to not be in purgatory going on two decades.

That's the maddening part! Other schools can at least look forward to their coaches being fired if they don't get it done and having hope that the next coach will be better.

The situation were in is unheard of. It really is criminal to do this to a program. SMU got the death penalty and I would trade places with them in a heart beat to not be in purgatory going on two decades.

It is a sick joke. MT football has been hijacked by a handful of people for the last 2 decades without any regard for anyone else. And they have single handedly destroyed the program.

People still for some reason though donate money and go to games. They must enjoy being tortured.

3 Touchdown beat dow. That’s embarrassing as hell. This team needs a complete refresh. Our coaches suck and quite frankly our overall talent needs to be turned over. We have some good players, just not enough.

We need a Deion type scenario, but nobody would want to come play for this current staff.

2015 L 58-28 A
2016 L 44-43 (OT) H
2017 L 41-38 (OT) A
2018 W 29-10 H
2019 L 31-26 A

2020 L 20-17 H
2021 L 48-21 A
2022 L 35-17 H

2023 L 31-10 A
Eight out of nine and you look at these last four years and they’re not even close. We’re literally losing this game by an average of three touchdowns over this time. We should never lose to Western by three touchdowns much less every year.

How can anyone associated with this university look at where this team is - where this program is after 18 years and say oh yeah, this is where we wanna be. What the holy f*** is wrong with our leadership? How can anyone be this incompetent and derelict?

The question I would pose to our coaching staff is one thing. What do the words "to compete" mean to you exactly? Complacency has set in so completely due to zero goal setting through the years the word has lost its meaning to them. 6 wins a year is not a "goal". It's a blatant authorization to accept total mediocrity for your lack of vision. Now after resting on their own laurels for such a long time they can't even "compete" as coaches themselves. It's very simple for coach to easily bring up that word after each loss because he's forgotten what it really means. Our coaching staff have become the poor little sheep who've lost their way. Unfortunately our shepherds in charge have let this group of coaches stray for so long they will never be able to find their way back.

"Lots of conference play left" "you don't judge a team based on 4 games"

He wants to be judged at the end of the season, ok. I will. Mark this.

If we win the conference championship, I'll shut my trap for a bit and eat crow...for this year only. Not for the last 17. I won't call for his firing, just his retirement on a high note.
Still not giving any $ though.
If we make it and lose, I'm still calling for his firing. If we don't make it at all, I'm sure as heck calling for his firing even more.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
He cares more about giving his coaching buddies a place to retire, at the expense of our program, than he does about winning. If he cared about winning he would get rid off must of coaching staff that's been here forever. Just look at the o line.

This is just unacceptable. It is truly pathetic. that look he gives when they mess up... its so old. (heck as someone said last night, it was old 10 years ago.

If I don't have to travel next Wednesday for work, considering going to the NSC game at Geodis. Was originally putting MT over them... not sure now.

"Lots of conference play left" "you don't judge a team based on 4 games"

He wants to be judged at the end of the season, ok. I will. Mark this.

If we win the conference championship, I'll shut my trap for a bit and eat crow...for this year only. Not for the last 17. I won't call for his firing, just his retirement on a high note.
Still not giving any $ though.
If we make it and lose, I'm still calling for his firing. If we don't make it at all, I'm sure as heck calling for his firing even more.
I noted this too. 4-5 games is 1/3 and damn near half a season. Hell yeah I'm gonna judge, especially when it is a carbon copy of the last 7-8 years! I don't care how good of a guy CRS is any more. i want to win! He has had ample time to show improvement and put a quality product on the field. It ain't working!!

Eight out of nine and you look at these last four years and they’re not even close. We’re literally losing this game by an average of three touchdowns over this time. We should never lose to Western by three touchdowns much less every year.

How can anyone associated with this university look at where this team is - where this program is after 18 years and say oh yeah, this is where we wanna be. What the holy f*** is wrong with our leadership? How can anyone be this incompetent and derelict?
I think it’s intentional.

In 2015 I started noticing our numbers. Rick Stockstill’s on the field performance was blaring 8 years ago. Here is one of my posts from 2015. https://middletennessee.forums.rivals.com/threads/stocks-win-percentages.4658/#post-32672

This is my shocked face considering where we are now. 😑

I wonder how many folks in here migrated over from BRZ after they shut it down. Hard to believe 8 or 9 years have passed since they kicked me out for predicting this $hit show after Stock hired West. 😂😂

In 2015 I started noticing our numbers. Rick Stockstill’s on the field performance was blaring 8 years ago. Here is one of my posts from 2015. https://middletennessee.forums.rivals.com/threads/stocks-win-percentages.4658/#post-32672

This is my shocked face considering where we are now. 😑
Here's one better for you.

He's 99-105 against FBS Now.

But.....26-66 against FBS that finished .500 or better. That's .283. And that doesn't include this year.

Against G5 with .500 or better, 24-48. .333.

That means going in to this year 73, which is 73.7%, of his FBS wins have been against teams with a losing record.

I almost started a new thread, but the legitimate question needs to be answered; Are the other TN D-1 schools tampering with MT? In state graduates picking a school is a zero sum game and it IS in the best interest of UTK, Memphis, Vandy, UTC, TN State etc for us to be down in the #1 driver of a schools perception, athletics.

Coaches, Presidents, ADs dont last this long with these results. Im really trying not to wear my conspiracy hat, but this is all too absurd to be legitimate.

How can we find out?

Last edited:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT