ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Zoom Webinar about basketball season set for Oct. 22

The position you would want Kermit in would be AD, to be able to raise funds and effectively manage the department.
Nah, We were dominating with him. We need a coach and he's it. Ole Miss may flush him next year if not this year if he doesn't produce. We should get the rebound but mASSaro won't be that smart.

Let's see if his hero taught them dudes how to pass the ball without turning it over. I mean it's year 3. I bet they got it down. The defense might allow less than 100 a game. Let's dust off that trophy case. We are back. LOL.

Maybe Kermit will finally wear out his welcome and come back home after we are done with this dude, Massaro is not capable of being that proactive though so in the end, none of this matters.

Still got that frog in your throat I see...

I have little to no confidence for the upcoming season. The oncourt effort and lack of defense are the main reasons for my continued lack of confidence.

A couple of other factors:

CNM could still win me over with solid improvement. While performance thus far has been abysmal, he is finally adding good looking players, at least on paper, for his 3rd year. The added players to the roster at least has me interested to see if CNM can do anything with them. After the last season though, CNM will have to prove it on the court for me to develop any confidence in his floor coaching or expectations for future success here at MT.

At this point, CNM will have to prove it for me to believe it. With a roster full of new players that look pretty good, at least he has a chance this season to try to prove that he can improve the team.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
I have little to no confidence for the upcoming season. The oncourt effort and lack of defense are the main reasons for my continued lack of confidence.

A couple of other factors:

CNM could still win me over with solid improvement. While performance thus far has been abysmal, he is finally adding good looking players, at least on paper, for his 3rd year. The added players to the roster at least has me interested to see if CNM can do anything with them. After the last season though, CNM will have to prove it on the court for me to develop any confidence in his floor coaching or expectations for future success here at MT.

At this point, CNM will have to prove it for me to believe it. With a roster full of new players that look pretty good, at least he has a chance this season to try to prove that he can improve the team.

Great post. My feelings exactly.

Still got that frog in your throat I see...

You mean I back a proven winner who did amazing things here over a pretender who is clearly out of his depth? Yes.

10 wins in year 1 with CNM and 5 in year 2? That speaks for itself. He's getting worse with his own recruits now. Mayabe it will be different in year 3. If it isn't, then it's safe to say real estate signs should be decorating his yard.

Not to worry though, we have the ultimate cuckold as an AD. So that means that your dude gets at least 20 years here. Congrats!

You mean I back a proven winner who did amazing things here over a pretender who is clearly out of his depth? Yes.

10 wins in year 1 with CNM and 5 in year 2? That speaks for itself. He's getting worse with his own recruits now. Mayabe it will be different in year 3. If it isn't, then it's safe to say real estate signs should be decorating his yard.

Not to worry though, we have the ultimate cuckold as an AD. So that means that your dude gets at least 20 years here. Congrats!

Nope I meant something totally different.. glad you got off your knees to come at me personally as usual.. slurp slurp..

Nope I meant something totally different.. glad you got off your knees to come at me personally as usual.. slurp slurp..

LOL! You know way too much about that stuff bro. That sounds like that's stuff you're into. I didn't even know wtf you were talkin about. Kids are weird as hell today.

Also, pot meet kettle. You are doing exactly what you are criticizing me for with 2 exceptions.

1. I'm on my own board talking about a former coach at my alma mater. I don't go on other school's boards ever. That's lame AF IMO. To each his own.

2. The coach I was refferring to is an actual winner who had once us ranked in the top 25. CNM won't win 25 games here in his career. If he does, it will take 5 more years to do it.

So you can try to be a clever and cowardly keyboard warrior talkin sh!t on other school's board but you have no grounds or proof that I'm wrong other than a twisted opinion based on a fixation you have with this dude. It ain't a personal attack. I'm just stating fact.

You're not changing my mind and I'm not changing yours. That much is obvious.

For me the 14-44 record is just concerning. It's very concerning. It's more concerning when you combine the 14-44 record and look at the lack of quality wins when he was at UNC-Asheville. The never winning a post-season tournament game is concerning. There's just a lot of concern. This is an unproven coach, I don't care what anybody says. He might turn out to be a home-run hire. But as of right now, he is completely unproven and things don't look good. Coaching is so damn important in college sports and it's just hard for me to believe that we were THAT talent deficient to be 14-44 against D1 teams since he arrived.

With that being said, I'm willing to quite literally just forget about the last 2 seasons. What happened last 2 years doesn't matter anymore. Let's start fresh right now. We got a talented roster, plenty of talented players available to play this season, and the conference is WIDE OPEN for the taking. What better time to prove yourself than now????? What better time to shut all the doubters up than now??? Let's see what you got Nick.

Going forward, if we are to save any face/reputation, we have got to be a top shelf CUSA talent this year. I really, really don't want to hear the excuses if this season starts bad like the others...."Oh, the virus, they didn't get any time to practice and gel together" or.... "Oh, it's a group of mostly all new faces that have never played together"....etc. Don't wanna hear it.

News flash.....everybody is facing the same hard ships with this virus. Stop using it as an excuse. Also news flash, this is basketball. Rosters turn over EVERY YEAR. The good coaches worth their salt understand that and recruit to fill those holes and keep kicking @$$ and taking names. When's the last time you saw Wichita St. being used like a doormat? How about VCU? St. Mary's? ETSU? Belmont? Cincinatti? Murray St? You get my drift, I could keep going. There's plenty of "mid major" schools that reload year after year.

Nick's a top 5 paid mid major coach. It's time to produce like one.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
For me the 14-44 record is just concerning. It's very concerning. It's more concerning when you combine the 14-44 record and look at the lack of quality wins when he was at UNC-Asheville. The never winning a post-season tournament game is concerning. There's just a lot of concern. This is an unproven coach, I don't care what anybody says. He might turn out to be a home-run hire. But as of right now, he is completely unproven and things don't look good. Coaching is so damn important in college sports and it's just hard for me to believe that we were THAT talent deficient to be 14-44 against D1 teams since he arrived.

With that being said, I'm willing to quite literally just forget about the last 2 seasons. What happened last 2 years doesn't matter anymore. Let's start fresh right now. We got a talented roster, plenty of talented players available to play this season, and the conference is WIDE OPEN for the taking. What better time to prove yourself than now????? What better time to shut all the doubters up than now??? Let's see what you got Nick.

Going forward, if we are to save any face/reputation, we have got to be a top shelf CUSA talent this year. I really, really don't want to hear the excuses if this season starts bad like the others...."Oh, the virus, they didn't get any time to practice and gel together" or.... "Oh, it's a group of mostly all new faces that have never played together"....etc. Don't wanna hear it.

News flash.....everybody is facing the same hard ships with this virus. Stop using it as an excuse. Also news flash, this is basketball. Rosters turn over EVERY YEAR. The good coaches worth their salt understand that and recruit to fill those holes and keep kicking @$$ and taking names. When's the last time you saw Wichita St. being used like a doormat? How about VCU? St. Mary's? ETSU? Belmont? Cincinatti? Murray St? You get my drift, I could keep going. There's plenty of "mid major" schools that reload year after year.

Nick's a top 5 paid mid major coach. It's time to produce like one.
Yup, he's a bust until he proves he's not. mASSaro won't pull the trigger anytime soon. It doesn't matter whatever happens this season.

Care to make a wager on that?
I wasn't being totally serious when I stated that and meant that as a joke. Top 25 vs 25 total wins. (exageration with a slight contrarian viewpoint) It's funny that I have to explain that. However, we are in year 3 and he hasn't cracked the 15 win mark yet. Sadly, as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm not that far off. The better statement would have "We'd be lucky to win 25 games in 5 years under this coach period." That's a pretty accurate based on CNM's track record so far. That's what I meant.

With all that said, I'm happy to be wrong and sincerely hope that I am. I want us to win 20 games this year. I just don't think he has it in him to do that. The strategy, lack of defense, undiscipline, etc. are much deeper issues than who he has out there executing the gameplan. You could have hardly any talent at all but if your fundamentals as a coach are sound, you are executing passes, keeping the ball in bounds, etc. The very basic aspects of the game would get executed. When that's not happening, then it's on the coach IMO. It also explains the poor perfomance up to this point.

If he doesn't crack the 25 win total mark this season, would you think he's worth keeping around? That's probably the better question. You think he's winning more than 11 games this season? Now that's a wager I would care to make.

Last edited:
I think we'll all be happy if teams play 25 games this year..
I'm starting to wonder if football season will even finish with the spike in cases around the country. Once flu season really gets going, we might not have any sports at all. Just depends on the numbers I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT