ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Wide Receiver Preview

WR is a massive question mark in my opinion. We've had some really good guys these last few years at the position in my opinion and many are gone. Losing Metcalf to Marshall hurts, he is such a good player and is coming into his prime. He would have been a huge weapon for us. Not happy about that. He's gonna go off at Marshall this year if utilized properly.

One positive is, with the new offense we shouldn't need as many studs at WR as before. I doubt we really go 4 or 5 wide that often, so a rotation of 5-6 dependable guys should be enough. Still, I'm struggling to find those 5-6 studs on our roster. I foresee TE Holden Willis getting a lot of balls thrown his way this year. We'll probably see another TE with a break-out type season as well (Taharin Sudderth is one hell of an athlete, keep him on your radar)

Some of these transfers are gonna have to step up for us and should have real and immediate opportunities to become bonafied starters. I like the Central Arkansas transfer Myles Butler a lot.

Reactions: scjohnny
Omari Kelly ihas the potential to be as good as Metcalf if not better. He is a special WR with great speed and awareness. He has Richie James vibes. Willis is also that type of clutch player that gets open when you need him. If Butler can step up, we will have plenty of firepower there.

Reactions: scjohnny
Omari Kelly should end up being a really good player for us. I feel very confident in him. There is enough talent to be effective but not a ton of depth we can rely on. This will be a group that’s success will be determined by injuries imo

Miles Butler was a stud in HS and a great portal pickup. Both of the Alabama xfers should pay immediate dividends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT