ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we have an AD like this?

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
From NBCsports/Twitter:

Seemingly in response to that, Richt’s boss, U-M athletic director Blake James, issued a statement Thursday night on social media in which he referred to the football team’s performance at times under Richt as “unacceptable” while at the same time seemingly giving the head coach the dreaded public vote of confidence.

DveKIj3W0AATRAk.jpg

And guess what... richt just ‘retired’ today after this season’s disappointment. Hmm, who else should retire around here...???

And gonna be hiring a coach that has nearly the same type of record as Stock. 59.8 vs 52.7.

Wow. I know Lyons the WVU AD is smarter than this but seriously. Other fans want this? Some on this list. No way.

Holgerson=Stock.

Wins 50-60% of games
Losing bowl record
No conference championships in B12
Loses crazy games to unranked opponents
Loses big games that matter and would get the school over that hump.

Leading name right now is Neal Brown. Bet the rest of the Belt is hoping so with Satterfield already gone.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Holgerson=Stock.

Wins 50-60% of games
Losing bowl record
No conference championships in B12
Loses crazy games to unranked opponents
Loses big games that matter and would get the school over that hump.

Leading name right now is Neal Brown. Bet the rest of the Belt is hoping so with Satterfield already gone.

You are right. On the surface I thought he had a better record than he actually does. I just looked it up. It's decent, but nothing special. WVU might be good to just let him walk away.

This whole thing makes me jealous of Lyons. I don’t think Massaro would ever do this.

Holgs knows this is a major rebuilding year coming up. Good chance it ends up a 6-6 season which isn’t worth an extension. Lyons knows this too though.(what an amazing concept). So he isn’t offering guaranteed money right now. Holgs wants it. From Houston he can get guaranteed (saying 5yrs), not be fired like he most likely would be next year, and move back home to Texas on his own terms.

Lyons is sticking to his guns. I really don’t think CM would ever do that and put the program first. Plus if he fires Holgs next year he’s on the hook for almost 8mil. He lets Houston take him, it puts Lyons 1m in the plus. He’s essentially letting Houston pay WVU to fire Holgs.

Genius. Why can’t we have an AD like that.

My brain is leaking from watching ESPN's "experts" being perplexed about why Holg would leave a P5 to coach at a G5. Then to watch Kirk and Lee say that this is a big deal for the AAC to get a coach like that. I'm sorry but what the hell? Charlie Strong has done more than this dude. Holg is leaving for a pay day and less pressure. Houston wants him and WVU wants him gone. It's that simple. ESPN is pumping this guy up like he won 5 national titles or something. This dude hasn't done anything than be ranked sometimes only to lose said ranking by underperforming at the end. Sheesh.

While i don't think this is an awesome hire for Houston, he will get them playing to a higher level than Applewhite. It's all about who he brings in at DC. A good DC will make him be better than he is.

ESPN can suck it. Those idiots are terrible.

This was a late Christmas gift to WV. Based on his tenure and underwhelming record he was probably on the hot seat. They just avoided a buyout.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Remember Herbstreit was also the one who ranted for hours about UGA not making the playoff... well I think everyone saw how stupid that was last night after they got destroyed by Texas.

Holgerson is re-starting his clock.

WVU fans were not enthused with him, and there was a sense that he underachieved with Will Grier and a loaded roster. WVU is not a program that reloads, it rebuilds, and there's probably a down 2019 coming. The fire would only get hotter under Holgerson's seat.

That said, Houston is a P5 team stuck in the G5. There's no one in the AAC other than maybe UCF that has Houston's resources. You can win big there for a long time. You can win enough to get an elite job like Texas.

UH is my second favorite team, I grew up in Houston and have my MBA from UH..

But this hire leaves my head scratching...on one hand the idea that they are willing to pay big money is a good sign, but the fact that DH got the job...that guys must be a real salesman.

I think the AD at WVU deserves a raise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT