ADVERTISEMENT

When did you attend MTSU and what did you study?

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
I know, we've done this thread before. It's interesting to me to see when everyone went and what they studied..

Class of 2016. Major: Mass Communications/Journalism. Commuted/Dormed 50/50. Stayed in Rutledge and Lyon

Graduated Dec 2018 from Concrete Industry Management program and then finished my MBA in 2022

BS Recording Industry '02. In Cummings, Beasley, and Gracie. Lived off campus senior year.
Realized Jr year I didn't want my major (thanks to Legal Problems of the Recording Industry class) but was young and dumb and wanted out of school so I focused on my Business Admin Minor.

One of my biggest regrets in life is not staying one more year to graduate in Entrepreneurship.

Took 3 classes in 1996 between undergrad in TX and grad school at Belmont.

BS Recording Industry '02. In Cummings, Beasley, and Gracie. Lived off campus senior year.
Realized Jr year I didn't want my major (thanks to Legal Problems of the Recording Industry class) but was young and dumb and wanted out of school so I focused on my Business Admin Minor.

One of my biggest regrets in life is not staying one more year to graduate in Entrepreneurship.
The recording industry program is fantastic

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
The recording industry program is fantastic
It is. But after the project in that class of writing a recording contract and seeing someone like Garth Brooks made less than $0.20 per CD sold, I couldn't stand it. Didn't want to produce or be an exec for major labels, but to survive on your own you had to have a name for yourself. To make that you had to work for the labels. I refused.

Nowadays 20yrs later it is much different. An artist can be independent and make it. Market on socials, YouTube, etc. And a producer can work with them. Still don't regret my business focus though. I've been an entrepreneur and I love what I do now, just wish my degree matched with it more.

Lesson learned.

A bunch of my buddies stayed in Cummings

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
05' Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

Many a day in good ole Peck Hall. Wouldnt change a thing about it.

I graduate on Saturday so I’ll finally be full blown true blue. I’m curious what yall do for work and where you work (what you did and where you worked for you old farts 😂).

Masters in Management- Organizational Leadership 24’
Satellite Shelters- Branch Manager

I graduate on Saturday so I’ll finally be full blown true blue. I’m curious what yall do for work and where you work (what you did and where you worked for you old farts 😂).

Masters in Management- Organizational Leadership 24’
Satellite Shelters- Branch Manager
Congrats on graduating!

Reactions: ewglenn
Transferred from Community college in Florida in the summer of ‘03. Graduated May ‘06 with a BS in Recording Industry - Tech Side of the program.

Was in Basketball Pep Band in spring ‘04, ‘05, and ‘06. Was in Band Of Blue Fall of ‘04 and ‘05.

2008, Aerospace, concentrated in flight dispatch. Band of Blue, 2004-2007. Career, air traffic controller

Reactions: smsimpson83
BBA 1985. University enrollment was approximately 11,000 back then. Available parking was bad in the 80's. Despite enrollment close to doubling since the early to mid '80s parking may be better now than then? Not positive though, rarely on campus outside of Saturday game day.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
BBA 1985. University enrollment was approximately 11,000 back then. Available parking was bad in the 80's. Despite enrollment close to doubling since the early to mid '80s parking may be better now than then? Not positive though, rarely on campus outside of Saturday game day.
Everyone complains about it but they’ve never gone to some other schools if they think it’s bad here. South Carolina was horrible.

MBA '01
GA in the athletic Dept 99-01
Full time in AD for a year 01-02

Either during or in between undergrad and grad, I worked in the Mets, Expos, and Bluejays organizations.

Spent the last 18 years at the Dept of Homeland Security in various capacities. Currently head of Counterterrorism policy.

93-97 - BFA in Graphic Design and Marketing. I went on to work in various parts of the country as a Web designer, Art Director and Creative Director at ABC television, Net Zero, and several large agencies as a CD.. (L.A., Boston, Nashville, etc.) I started my own firm in 2003 and ended up working for 85 fortune 500 companies. We still do work for Tractor Supply, Dollar General, Rite Aid, and several others.

I started another company 6 years ago designing and manufacturing accessories for the kayak fishing industry. I do that full time now while my wife runs the other biz. I also taught design classes as an adjunct at MT for a little while.

BA Teaching Spanish 1997. Currently running the sales play for a wire and cable company in Missouri.

Everyone complains about it but they’ve never gone to some other schools if they think it’s bad here. South Carolina was horrible.
I never understood the parking issues. We had over 20k when I was there with zero parking garages. I parked in the exact same spot by what used to be the intramural fields every day.

Of course...I took all early classes at 8am. Even 7am one semester. 🤣 I was done by noon walking back in the door while my roommates where just walking out, hunting a parking spot for 30min, and not back till dinner.

03-08 BS in Nursing @ MT
14-16 MS in Nursing @ APSU (Family Nurse Practitioner)

Currently work in Columbus, OH area at various hospitals providing hospitalist coverage

Well looks like I'm still the oldest (Class od 75) .
Even though we only had about 6500 enrollment, parking was BAD then also, but basketball was GREAT !!
Murf opened 3 years before, Jimmy Earle was coach and it was fun to watch!!
We were hurtin with Hurt, though.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT