ADVERTISEMENT

We're staying

I think it was the right call. Collect the money. Basketball could be better than MAC. I like being a conference with fewer teams because you have a better chance at championships. More CFP to spread around fewer teams. Playing a bunch of teams from Michigan and Ohio no thankyou.

I'm dissapointed, but if the money is used correctly than I can accept it.

They need to show us really soon that the money will be spent on new coaches and facilities really soon, because we are deciding to stay in a complete embarassment of a conference. So they need to show the fans why we made the decision very soon or I'm going to give up on the program all together.

We need to see some movement forward on this program immediately, because this decision in a vacuum is not a good one for anyone.

CUSA will very clearly be the worst division in college football.

I think this is strictly financially driven and there is sufficient reason not to be upset over the decision to decline the MAC 'offer.'

Everything that is out there is that the MAC wanted a twenty year guarantee where MT signs over its Grant of Rights for two decades. That is a crazy demand by the Mid American Conference.

Now use some of that short term monetary gain to buy out Stockstill and McDevitt, and you have a small chance of re-engaging the fans.

How long before they build anything? 3 years, 5 or longer. I'm taking bets. $20.00 minimum buy in.

How long before they pull the plug on CRS or CMD? 2 years, 4 or longer. $20.00 minimum buy in on this one too.

Let's go.

With the current construction costs in the Nashville vicinity? And that will only increase.

They didn't even replace the high school-ish pull out wooden bleachers in the upper bowl of Murphy Center when there was some gym renovation some years ago. A full 100 yard indoor practice facility is at least 30 million bucks already. Who do they think is going to be fooled by this talk of relative chump change buying prestigious facility improvements?

This is what Belmont just added:
E2aK-kyXIAASkd7.jpg

PC7zaKTO6NP5Pu3W3VQUpAB5IdOWR2yeV0bIZgy_re_0A3vMK3ZEQIRY9sFEUI1FYl_kmHcVtgg8yADWTwvazUONs2oe_IeSC-qC

Ig8ssV_kC_vOYg79TnM2RzqY2cn_BiNVqw57nC9RjzKZghnQX73TfxW7NCccpOjLTng5cxKEkuLgH7it7UKlQPQs-dZ_Cf7Qhe8r

BU-Compton-Ave-696x497.jpg

Reactions: MTOleBlue
3 schools (I said 2 in my tweet..forgot about Liberty) within 500 miles.

How is that going to help? I'm pissed now, but just wait. If we

A) don't get that money
B) don't use it properly...ie McD gone, Stock gone, ground broken on new facilities by spring....

They haven't seen pissed yet. And I know I'm not the only one in that boat.
I am OK with staying in CUSa as long as your Point A and Point B both happen. Problem is, I don't trust M&M and CRS to do it. Not one bit. If A&B do not happen, there will be a mass exodus of MT athletics fans, myself included.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Wish they could buy out 7 wood MacFee, but unfortunately Massaro cannot use those funds to buy out his boss. I doubt anything significant changes until he is gone, at least not for the better.

While we are on the topic, has anyone taken a look at this?

Build Blue Now

Anyone coming to the event on Monday? Things are in motion.
I really do like it.

I liked it three or four years ago... but where has this been? Timing is way f'n off, especially on the heels of this re-alignment mess. Credibility/Trust?

Reminded of the Tobey Keith song, it's a little too late...

It's a little too late
I'm a little too gone
A little too tired of this hanging on
So I'm letting go while I'm still strong enough to
It's got a little too sad
I'm a little too blue
It's a little too bad
You were too good to be true
I'm big time over you, baby
It's a little too late

I really do like it.

I liked it three or four years ago... but where has this been? Timing is way f'n off, especially on the heels of this re-alignment mess. Credibility/Trust?

Reminded of the Tobey Keith song, it's a little too late...

It's a little too late
I'm a little too gone
A little too tired of this hanging on
So I'm letting go while I'm still strong enough to
It's got a little too sad
I'm a little too blue
It's a little too bad
You were too good to be true
I'm big time over you, baby
It's a little too late
I would have liked to have had shovels in the ground years ago. I know what you mean, Space. But I do know that I still love MT and want us to get better, and I think we could be headed in that direction. If we are serious about making this happen, then I'm going to support it.

Reactions: middletn11
No law school. No name change. No rebranding of any kind. Winning is obviously not a priority. Ya'll can keep buying tickets, merch, etc, but I'm not.
But, the Meharry the fast track program, beer, AND chocolate milk...

Massaro actually replied to my email. Guess it helped I was calm and respectful. Responded to some specific things I said so it wasn't just a canned response. Which I appreciate. He also mentioned things are moving.

Like I said, if I'm proven wrong, I'll gladly admit it.
I just received a reply, too. Here it is. Interested to see if it was a copy/paste of yours.

"Thank you for your email and your input regarding the Mid-America Conference. It is all those things you described. It is a great league with strong leadership. The TV package gives their schools very good exposure, particularly in November. Those are all factors that were heavily considered.

I know you are disappointed with today’s announcement, However, I feel we are on the cusp of dramatically improving our facilities and providing a much needed lift to our basketball and football programs. We are announcing on Monday that Phase I financing is completed for our Student Athlete Performance Center and we have hired a designer. We are now raising money to complete Phase II which focuses primarily on the Murphy Center. With the fans help with fundraising we will be well positioned in the future!

We all are working very hard to create a better future for athletics and I am confident that this is our best path.

Thank you for caring! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts."

I just received a reply, too. Here it is. Interested to see if it was a copy/paste of yours.

"Thank you for your email and your input regarding the Mid-America Conference. It is all those things you described. It is a great league with strong leadership. The TV package gives their schools very good exposure, particularly in November. Those are all factors that were heavily considered.

I know you are disappointed with today’s announcement, However, I feel we are on the cusp of dramatically improving our facilities and providing a much needed lift to our basketball and football programs. We are announcing on Monday that Phase I financing is completed for our Student Athlete Performance Center and we have hired a designer. We are now raising money to complete Phase II which focuses primarily on the Murphy Center. With the fans help with fundraising we will be well positioned in the future!

We all are working very hard to create a better future for athletics and I am confident that this is our best path.

Thank you for caring! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts."
Honestly if they start construction on phase one in the next few months you won’t hear me complain one bit about the decision.

Nope. Brought up many of the same points but in a different way. I also mentioned future realignment as well as the new NCAA governance, all of which he acknowledged.

I still want to wring his neck but I will completely give him kudos for replying.

Nope. Brought up many of the same points but in a different way. I also mentioned future realignment as well as the new NCAA governance, all of which he acknowledged.

I still want to wring his neck but I will completely give him kudos for replying.
Agree.

Maybe they are trying to actually engage with the fans for once.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Wish they could buy out 7 wood MacFee, but unfortunately Massaro cannot use those funds to buy out his boss. I doubt anything significant changes until he is gone, at least not for the better.
The state LOVES them some 7 wood. Not only did they ignore the sexual harassment, but he has also been given multiple extensions and raises.

15 mil? That will get you HALF of an indoor practice facility... today. Not in five years.

Could they build a 30 yard one like Oakland High School has?
Not true, CCU just announced their IPF for 15 million.

If we are serious about making this happen, then I'm going to support it.
i'm not a rich man, and while I am hoping this 'build blue now' thing happens, I won't be contributing my few dollars until changes are made.

If I was a rich man with several million in my pocket, I would be telling the PTB until certain changes are made, you're not seeing a dime. And I hope if we do have any rich boosters who do give a sh*t about MT and its athletics, I hope they would be letting them know the first fifteen seconds they reach out, things have got to change drastically.

I’m fine with this decision. I’d rather have the money now for facility upgrades/coaching than play E/C/W Michigan, Akron, and BGSU for the next 20 years. And it pisses off the WKU fan base, which I’m all for!

I will keep saying the following. The so called money will enter the general fund. If athletics wants the money it has to be applied for and approved. McPhee will spend the money on another building. Watch athletics burn.

15 mil? That will get you HALF of an indoor practice facility... today. Not in five years.

Could they build a 30 yard one like Oakland High School has?
If they are spending 30 mill on a IPF, they are idiots. I know builders of these types of buildings that can do it for 1/30th of that cost and it would be super nice with HVAC. Hell, you can build it open ended to attach to other future buildings for not much more. A corrugated metal and steel pole barn would be more than sufficient with temperture control. Hell, you brick up the entrance points and lower exteriors for not much more. Even if you went all out with super nice amenities, it would cost no more than 3 mill.

Last edited:
I’m hearing there’s a very real possibility Missouri State joins CUSA with us and WKU staying. They would give us our 10th and final member.

Would 5 schools in each division be enough for a championship game ? Should be right ?

If Mo St joins CUSA 4.0, basketball is going to be substantially better than CUSA 3.0. I say it already is a little better without them, but with them, it’s noticeably better.

I’m hearing there’s a very real possibility Missouri State joins CUSA with us and WKU staying. They would give us our 10th and final member.

Would 5 schools in each division be enough for a championship game ? Should be right ?

If Mo St joins CUSA 4.0, basketball is going to be substantially better than CUSA 3.0. I say it already is a little better without them, but with them, it’s noticeably better.
That’s interesting, how confident are you they will join?

MO STATE was beaten by SEMO a last night. Not sure they are the power add.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Petrino is their coach and they were ranked this year. He's improving them. Their basketball is top notch.

MO STATE was beaten by SEMO a last night. Not sure they are the power add.

shit happens. It’s the first week of the season. They may not have a great team this year, could be young, etc. or maybe SEMO is good this year? So early to jump to conclusions.

historically, they are a strong program from a very strong and respected conference.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT