ADVERTISEMENT

well, it's gameday.... (MT + CUSA games talk all day long...)

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Line is holding steady at 35. It jumped to 35.5 for a few hours yesterday where I book (topbet.eu) so I grabbed it at +35.5

UTSA looking strong against Kansas State thus far, up 3-0 half way through the 1st. UTSA has a really big, good looking team. I predict we will be decent under dogs when we visit San Antonio at the end of the year.

If you remember UTSA only lost to Arizona by 3 last year and they finished the year 4-8. I'm going to wait a while before I call them a good team.

I'm not sure I would use the term good to describe their team but they are certainly dangerous. They are good looking in the sense that their linemen are SEC-size and can move and they have plenty of talent at the skill positions. They remind me a lot of our teams under McCollum. A lot of talent, intimidating, but poor results.

Reactions: SmithO1906
I had higher hopes for this game before the season started but since Johnson and Johnson will not be playing.....that is like losing your right arm to me. Hopefully our true freshman can perform a miracle today.

good thing we played jackson state and not jacksonville state last week...

that really does suck that both darius and carlos won't be playing.....very unfortunate. Our offensive line is going to need all the help it can get against this Alabama defensive line

how about this jacksonville state / auburn game? Would love to see Auburn go down. And I love how these announcers can't stop talking about how bad Auburn is playing instead of giving the little team it's credit. It's always gotta be a "bad day" and "poor play" whenever the prohibitive favorite doesn't live up to expectations. Heaven forbid we give credit to the under dog who might just be better than anticipated......

my god, as a corner, your #1 priority is outside shoulder and containment. Cutrer is not a freshman. he's played ball his whole life probably. come the F on dude?

offense came to play, minus the fumble. Chandler Brewer holding his own. Alabama doesn't look imposing in the least bit. We are beating ourselves 100%.

Go find a punter, have open tryouts tomorrow afternoon. Takes way to long and no distance.

Well, proud of the D - they fought as hard as they could considering the turnovers. The offense started OK, but they were inept the entire 2nd half - dropped passes and what was us with the procedure penalties?

The good news is I don't think we got anyone hurt, the problems seem fixable and lil stock played decent against a great D.

I just wish we could bring our A game against these teams and make them beat us versus beat ourselves.

Our defense did an amazing job considering the ineptitude of our special teams and fumblitis from our offense. Seriously, what the F is the deal with the turn overs? Half of them were not even forced.......And Chandler Brewer....is it that hard to line up on the line? I understand you're a true freshman but you did play high school football, right?

Surprised we didn't go to Grammar until the very end.....and of course he quickly scores a TD. Would have liked to have seen him get an opportunity earlier in the game since things weren't clicking with Brent though not all his fault.

How about those SEC refs? What a terrible, bullshit call on Byard. He had already committed to his tackle on the QB before he went legs first. It's not like he can change his angle mid-air and avoid him....and then to add targetting to it....just wow. I would appeal that in a heart beat if possible. That's absolute BULLSHIT that a call in a game by a ref from another conference can effect future games. I say play Byard anyway and F those SEC officials.

Well, proud of the D - they fought as hard as they could considering the turnovers. The offense started OK, but they were inept the entire 2nd half - dropped passes and what was us with the procedure penalties?

The good news is I don't think we got anyone hurt, the problems seem fixable and lil stock played decent against a great D.

I just wish we could bring our A game against these teams and make them beat us versus beat ourselves.

Christian Collis was in a sling. He hurt his arm in the first. Not sure how bad though

Outside of the call on Byrd the refs had no impact. Please stop going to that after we lose a game...#lameashell

just back from Tuscaloosa. Defense played well. The offense moved the ball reasonably well, better than I hoped but GEEZ the damn turnovers. Refs were horrible, but they were irrelevant to the outcome. This game should have been a lot closer than it was.

I have to say Bryant Denny is my favorite $ec stadium. So much better than any of the ones I have been to. Neyland is a P.O.S. compared to Tuscaloosa. Great campus/tailgating. Were treated well by the fans - a great contrast to experiences on west end and in knoxville.

A beautiful day for football.

Reactions: MTLynn and C-Bow
I don't think the refs had an effect on the w/l result but they had an effect on the score? They killed momentum/gave Bama momentum multiple times. Unfortunately my DVR didn't record so I can't watch it to be sure but here are the calls that seemed really sketchy.

1. KB targeting. Don't need to see it. It was complete bs. Late slide. Thank god we only play charolette and not WKU or la tech.
2. PI on singletary looked like crap.
3. PI on Collis
4. Batties fumble. Non of the replays in the stadium justified overturning the call.

Reactions: C-Bow
There was one non call in the endzone where it looked like our defender was going to intercept the ball and was interfered with by the tide wr. No call. A while later when MT was back on offense, one of our receivers was whistled for offensive interference on something that appeared to non existentent or extremely less than what was done to our defensive back. Still the turnovers. Extremely fortunate that the score was not as bad as it could've been.

I don't think the refs had an effect on the w/l result but they had an effect on the score? They killed momentum/gave Bama momentum multiple times. Unfortunately my DVR didn't record so I can't watch it to be sure but here are the calls that seemed really sketchy.

1. KB targeting. Don't need to see it. It was complete bs. Late slide. Thank god we only play charolette and not WKU or la tech.
2. PI on singletary looked like crap.
3. PI on Collis
4. Batties fumble. Non of the replays in the stadium justified overturning the call.

The Batties call was legitimate. There is a replay on ESPN and it has a better angle. Refs made the (rare) correct call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT