ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Week 8 CUSA football matchups (MT Bye week)

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21

UAB at WKU (CBSSN) 7 pm

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22

Rice at LA Tech (ESPN+) 2 pm
FIU at Charlotte (ESPN3) 2:30 pm
North Texas at UTSA (Stadium) 2:30 pm
Florida Atlantic at UTEP (ESPN+) 3 pm

Two title game implication games there.

WKU and UAB are both 2-1
UTSA and UNT are both 3-0

WKU has already lost to UTSA, still has UNT.
UAB still has both left.

UTSA 3-0
UNT 3-0
UAB 2-1
WKU 2-1
FAU 2-1
Rice 1-1
LaT 1-1
UTEP 1-2
MT 0-3
FIU 0-3
Char 0-3

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That UNT UTSA matchup is gonna be great. UNT ran through them last year and they are spanking everyone in conference play so far.

UAB more than had their chances. They coughed it up 3 times and had a pick as well. Both of these teams boat raced us. We really are that behind.

It's their facilities. Has nothing to do with coaching or recruitment.
I know you meant in jest but honest question. I know UAB has a new performance center, covered practice field, fancy new city stadium. How are the goat's? Do they have an IPF?

I know you meant in jest but honest question. I know UAB has a new performance center, covered practice field, fancy new city stadium. How are the goat's? Do they have an IPF?
They don't yet. They have a weight room in their stadium. It's nice but small. I like their campus near the stadium better than ours and how the bricked up their stadium but other than that, it's basic stuff. Their stadium is a little over half as big as ours. Just saw that they got the IPF ok'd and the state is gonna pay for like 80% of it. Wow.

As JT mentioned they have approved a new IPF that will be completed early 2024. Otherwise our facilities are similar to theirs. The big difference is they don't sign their coaches to lifetime contracts. They have proven if a coach doesn't perform after a couple of years it's time to move on. During that time they have hired some good up and coming coaches.

As JT mentioned they have approved a new IPF that will be completed early 2024. Otherwise our facilities are similar to theirs. The big difference is they don't sign their coaches to lifetime contracts. They have proven if a coach doesn't perform after a couple of years it's time to move on. During that time they have hired some good up and coming coaches.
For comparison, Memphis would owe Ryan Silverfield roughly $2MM (60% of his remaining 3 years) payable monthly through the end of the contractual agreement in 2025. I like Ryan, he’s been loyal to Memphis as a position coach and great recruiter from 2016-2019 and the players wanted him to get the job when Norvell left for FSU. That said, if he can’t get it done this year then the decision makers will make a change. His wife is a 2nd year Pediatric Resident Physician.

For comparison, Memphis would owe Ryan Silverfield roughly $2MM (60% of his remaining 3 years) payable monthly through the end of the contractual agreement in 2025. I like Ryan, he’s been loyal to Memphis as a position coach and great recruiter from 2016-2019 and the players wanted him to get the job when Norvell left for FSU. That said, if he can’t get it done this year then the decision makers will make a change. His wife is a 2nd year Pediatric Resident Physician.
I just looked at the Memphis score. Did the defense miss the flight to NOLA and watching from Wilson Air?

I just looked at the Memphis score. Did the defense miss the flight to NOLA and watching from Wilson Air?
It’s been even more painful to watch it.
Tulane is a good ball club but they ain’t THAT good. They drove the length of the field for their first score but the next two were off a punt return for a TD (matador tackling) and a muffed punt inside the Tigers 20.
Tiger offense ran 24 plays to Tulane’s 45.
Ugly.

FIU destroying Charlotte. Healy's days are numbered.

Liberty all over BYU 34-14. I'm telling you, Liberty is going to be a force to be reckoned with. In basketball too. They spend money like a Power 5 program but their "issues" will likely keep them in CUSA. Win-win for us.

UTEP is just running basic plays. FAU looks like garbage. I thought they had the greatest offensive mind in all of college football. I mean Brent wrote a book. Too bad everyone has read it.

UTEP is just running basic plays. FAU looks like garbage. I thought they had the greatest offensive mind in all of college football. I mean Brent wrote a book. Too bad everyone has read it.
Is anybody still buying The Tony Franklin Offensive System Videos/DVDs??😂😂

LINK: Offensive Genius

”HOW TO GUARANTEE AND...

CREATE A COACHING CAREER THAT VAULTS YOU INTO THE TOP 1% PAID...BECOME THE NEXT COACHTF CLIENT SUPERSTAR...​

YOU DESERVE IT"​

TF FEATURED IN:

WALL STREET JOURNAL

NPR

ESPN

WASHINGTON POST

FINEBAUM

FOOTBALL SCOOP

CBS SPORTS

FORBES

Last edited:
UTEP just got robbed. They block the kick and score 2 points but the poo poo refs call it back because the dude who blocked it lost his helmet. FAU got to freaking retry the kick. BS

Is anybody still buying The Tony Franklin Offensive System Videos/DVDs??😂😂

LINK: Offensive Genius

”HOW TO GUARANTEE AND...

CREATE A COACHING CAREER THAT VAULTS YOU INTO THE TOP 1% PAID...BECOME THE NEXT COACHTF CLIENT SUPERSTAR...

YOU DESERVE IT"

TF FEATURED IN:

WALL STREET JOURNAL

NPR

ESPN

WASHINGTON POST

FINEBAUM

FOOTBALL SCOOP

CBS SPORTS

FORBES

We do. We still run that crap. Brent Dearmon is the RPO king and wrote his own book.

Liberty all over BYU 34-14. I'm telling you, Liberty is going to be a force to be reckoned with. In basketball too. They spend money like a Power 5 program but their "issues" will likely keep them in CUSA. Win-win for us.
Club Lit is closed for repairs.

Well I went to the Rutgers vs Indiana game today. Tons of fun, and 21 game B1G losing streak (dating back to 2017...) snapped. Also, noticed that Liberty already has CUSA painted on their field - that was a good look during their beatdown of BYU!

For those that are still awake and desperate for entertainment, the Montana-Sacramento St game is about to start on ESPN2. We can get a look at Asher O'Hara. I can't see myself watching more than a few minutes, but I'm curious.

What's funny is that I thought Liberty was gonna have a down year since Malik left and now they are 7-1. We'll see how they handle Arkansas in 2 weeks. They are a Juggernaut. They had those stands packed yesterday as well. Best addition we could get given the circumstances.

Reactions: MTFAN61
It's really an indication of how bad our program is, when I'm jealous of a program for firing their unproductive coach.
UTEP, LaTech, FAU and FIU could all take us out.

But nothing changes if they do. 😢

Should Charlotte fire Will Healy, the university will owe him his base salary ($505,000) throughout the remainder of his contract (January 31, 2026), plus any earned incentives that have not yet been paid.

Important detail: “If coach obtains new employment, University’s financial obligations will be reduced by the total compensation received by coach.” — Whatever Healy would earn elsewhere (no specific job/role defined) would offset what is owed to him by Charlotte.

If fired after:
2022 season – approximately $1,515,000
2023 season – approximately $1,010,000
2024 season – approximately $505,000
2025 season – approximately $42,083.33 x months remaining

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT